What does flushing mean to you.

onetime

I came across a vid with a younger guy on it talking about how he flushes mid flower & how the plants benefit from it as blah blah salt build ups from hydro brought nutes.

im wondering if he’s new green trying to start a following knowing only the basics of plant knowledge  or if the term “ flushing “ changed.

not talking end of harvest flushing;

to flush to me means to add about 3x the amount of water compared to the size of the pot ie 20l pot would need 60l to flush properly & you only need do it in extreme circumstances like nute lock out.

has the word changed over the years or am I just seeing the rise in Vids that aren’t factually correct. 

• Like 1

Ive never ever flushed 3x water into pot. I've watered with RO water for a few days, but honestly if you don't over do it to begin with , then there is nothing to flush out.

• Like 3

I used to flush at the end when i used chemical ferts in coco but the plants never looked good for it, they just looked starved, now i use compost and bio bloom/ fishmix i dont bother i just taper off gradually.

I can see the old you dont want chemicals in your bud aspect but is the nutrient not converted by the time it reaches your flowers ?

As for nutrient build up in your coco causing problems from overfeeding i suppose flushing with a weak nutrient solution would be better.

• Like 4

I’ve flushed mid flower once when I switched to guano a long time ago now gosh  

remembering how long ago shocked me lol   The plants really didn’t like it they recovered slowly not something I’d like to do again.

lucky I only overdid one at the time. You do wash out the salts ( npk are salts ) however you also wash out the microbes.

As for chem vs organic tbh it really don’t matter as long as it gets you smokeable bud.

that’s from a guy that loathes chemicals in thier grow as well ;)