Flashing Android Tablet

Clumsy

Hey All

Is it possible to flash a tablet without access to USB debugging?

My tablet keeps "blue screening" after boot,

I can get in to recovery, but ADB (pc) doesn't recognize the tablet.

Can it be flashed or sideloaded from the SD card slot? I have found a compatible ROM, 

Not very tech but can follow a guide if anyone could point me in the right direction :)

Thanks for any input, all the best.

:oldtoker:

Thanks for looking @Saddam @unity

Yes I have wiped it a few times over the last couple of months, which has kept it going.

It will now stay on in recovery or bootloader screen for a long time but when it gets past that it crashes.

I did manage to get it to stay on long enough to get past the splash screen and skip through set up.

But not long enough to switch on developer mode.

It may be toast but would like to exhaust all options.

Cheers

• Like 1

Are you sure it isn't the battery which is knackered? Which tablet is it? Blue screen and failed factory resets either suggest a battery or hardware issue to me. 

It may be time to recycle the device and send it to Silicon Heaven.   

• Like 1

No, I'm not sure it's not the battery, it would crash more when the battery was cold tho.

But when working will work on battery for a good few hours without issue

It's a Lenovo Tab3 Plus

I thought it may be the screen, because It would run music for a few hours but when you wake it crashes, but not sure really.

So yep probably off to the scrapheap :thumbdown:

e2a It does appear to still fully charge

Edited by Clumsy

• 2 months later...
On 15/01/2021 at 4:48 PM, Clumsy said:

I did manage to get it to stay on long enough to get past the splash screen and skip through set up.

But not long enough to switch on developer mode.

Bit late, but... tap the Build Number 7 times.

https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/dev-options

(other than this, they vary so much I don't have much to add...other than -  oh how I've come to hate android :stoned: )

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

Thanks @j.o.i.n.t it was the screen and it went completely, shame as I liked that tablet and I don't think they'll make any more in that style

It's in my I'll keep that just in case I can fix it drawer, which is overflowing.

Got a new one that's annoying me now :)

• Like 1

Just now, Clumsy said:

It's in my I'll keep that just in case I can fix it drawer, which is overflowing.

Oh you have one too. Mines next to my 'things bought on amazon whilst trashed' place.

Most pointless - 10m of 'leaky feeder cable'. It's wifi antenna that works in the same way as garden leaky feeder does - along it's length, rather than a point source.... Used in mines, and warehouses with tall metal shelves interupting the signal etc. Long thin areas.... the end caps are surprisingly expensive when you straiten out!

10m, though, is totally pointless - normal AP would do a lot better.... One day I shall remember that plan! :D:stoned:

Edited by j.o.i.n.t