Buddhist Mantras Help Crops Grow — Increase Output by Fifteen Percent; Studies Reveal the Power of Mantras to Help Plants

Yuzuf Paradizo

https://buddhaweekly.com/buddhist-mantras-help-crops-grow-increase...

An interesting read:

"Buddhist farmers in Fujian Province increased crop yield and grain size with Buddhist Mantras, according to a report in the Global Times. [1] Faithful local Liangshan villagers installed 500 lotus-shaped loudspeakers to saturate the crops with empowering mantras. They covered an area 26.7 hectares in scope. Not only was yield increased, pests decreased and grain-size increased.

Nearby fields, without mantras, struggled with pests and suffered much reduced yield. Researchers from the China Agricultural University give credibility to the mantra experiment. They state that the unique sound waves in mantras stimulate the plant leaves, enabling superior conversion of sunlight. They noted that other types of music had lesser effect, or even a negative effect—as in the case of control yields from heavy metal music.

Although it’s well-established that some types of music do improve plant growth, normally assumed to be a sound-wave stimulation, mantras are particularly efficacious."

• Like 1

Guest Rex Mundi

Lotus shaped speakers lol I don't have them, sadly lol 

But I imagine setting up a little audio player in my flowering cab, just playing mantras continuously during flowering....

what would my neighbours think? Or visitors (nurses) hearing the mantras from a bedroom cupboard... lol 

Honestly I do like the idea, even to the extent of recording mantra like sounds myself, I did have a good voice long long ago, just out of practice.

But not very workable in a council bungalow semi.

:smokin:

edit: silly me, just stop the player on visitors arrival.... hmmm, might try this lol 

Edited by Rex Mundi
  • Like 1

Hi there

Harmless and possibly everything to be gained eh Rex? 

I gave it a go myself this evening Tibetan Master Chants by Lama Tashi:

https://youtu.be/X-Aje9Tu5H0

incredible deep overtone chanting apparently by Dalai Lamas 'chant master', even through PC speakers you can feel a powerful resonance....hopefully the girls agree. The missus looked a bit askance from the football results but she's used to me and my enthusiasms now I reckon... 

Anyway, good luck with your stuff and have a good night.. :skin_up:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rex Mundi said:

might try this lol 

Suppose it’s one of those don’t knock it till you tried it kinda moments. So I won’t knock it. :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yuzuf Paradizo said:

The missus looked a bit askance

How civil. :) 

My Mrs is perhaps a little less civil. lol 

I won’t repeat what she just said to me after hearing me playing buddhist chants to my plants.

I’ve decided that I’ll take the 15% less crop on the chin and not do that again. lollol 
Good luck with your endeavours @Rex Mundi

e2a Maybe it would still work if I got each plant a pair of airpods. Hmmmmmm. :hippy: (Or Ommmmmmmm)

Edited by bartman
  • Like 3

Guest Rex Mundi
Just now, bartman said:

Good luck with your endeavours @Rex Mundi

Less of a problem here, I don't have a Mrs. lol 

But honestly, the thought is nice.... in practice, hmmm.

Guest Rex Mundi
Just now, bartman said:

No, it’s Ommmmmmmm.

lol no, it's Ohmmm

sorry, my electronics background, couldn't resist but probably wrong because ohm is resistance.

Guest Rex Mundi
12 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Some cunt needs a serious dose of ohm.

Care to be more specific?

Kohm? Mohm?

Or am I going the wrong way as in negative powers, milli-ohm micro-ohm?

(I would use the ohm symbol, but can't find itfor use here)

Guest Rex Mundi
37 minutes ago, bartman said:

That deserves a place in the joke thread. lollol 

Go ahead, be my guest, connect the components lol