Buying badly/un-trimmed bud

OrangeThumb

For the last few months my green man has given me badly trimmed bud. Am I right to be pissed off?

I've explained it to him 2 or 3 times. He's a bit simple and doesn't seem to understand anything as he just says something like "I've got some different pukka in" (and that is covered in leaf too).

The best that happened was he temporarily stopped giving me bags with loads of loose trim at the bottom, but I still have to remove it from the buds myself.

At one point I weighed over half oz of trim I'd collected over a few weeks and I felt like telling him I want a refund for it...

I imagine the grower used one of those trimming machines that from what I hear does a pretty shoddy job.

The bud is usually good though. Just wondering if others would be as frustrated as me. Curious what others think.

Or, is there anyone out there who may even prefer it, e.g. because trim protects the buds and helps retain smell.

No wonder ppl switch to growing their own...

Edited by OrangeThumb

We all trim our own buds here mate.

Get growing.

One your have been bent over for 3 hours trimming, perfection isn't something going through your mind. This is couple buds from my last harvest and could still do with a little more trimming but I cba .large.greenposion.JPGlarge.greeenpoison.JPG

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, OrangeThumb said:

I am growing mate, I'm talking about buying untrimmed bud off a dealer.

Dont do it , just use your own like we all do in here. 

• Like 3

This is one of the worst things with forums... people can't just answer a question, and just derail a thread with irrelevant stuff.

My question wasn't "should I grow and smoke my own weed?"

It's, "am I overreacting by being annoyed that the weed I have purchased (for whatever reason) is covered in leaf?"

You have had couple of answers. Stop buying it. Grow your own. That is what this forum is about. Being self sufficient. 

Moaning on grow it yourself forum isnt going to make your dealer do a better job. You have to do it yourself!

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 3

Then the answer is......  No you are being a dull cunt for buying street weed when you can grow your own at better quality and trimmed to the level you prefer ....  

• Like 2

You are as dim as my dealer.

You don't know my situation so your answers are completely irrelevant.

Well done for telling someone on a growing site that they can grow, you are super insightful and wise.

And this is the "green room" , I just wanted to start the conversation, if you don't like that I've had to buy weed then you have your own issues.

Just interested in the opinions regarding my initial post.

• Like 2

Your clearly quite confrontational person and dead set on buying weed. So I would just have it out with your dealer Mano on Mano.  Tell him your sick of his bs leafy weed and you want his high grade he trims and keeps from himself as its his labour of love. I'm sure it will go down swimmingly and you will walk away with his lovely trimmed bud. Good luck. 

• Like 3

Ok sorry dude , but you did say you are growing. 

If you want to know about trimming levels just ask about trimming levels generally , its just not "cool"/the done thing to talk about buying or selling it in here really because we dont partake . Hence the responses you have had. 

• Like 1

"Dead set on buying weed" what would you do if you didn't have any home grown?

Would you take a break? I've done that before actually but I know most guys here couldn't - you'd buy.

But I don't want to quit right now as I'm using it for its medicinal value.

I shouldn't have had to justify this though cause it isn't what I'm asking.

Just literally wondered what you'd think if you bought bud that was half trimmed. Is that really an unreasonable question?

Saying "grow your own" isn't a logical answer and any rational person would realise that.

1 minute ago, Bartyfartblast said:

Ok sorry dude , but you did say you are growing. 

If you want to know about trimming levels just ask about trimming levels generally , its just not "cool"/the done thing to talk about buying or selling it in here really because we dont partake . Hence the responses you have had. 

I literally had no idea that talking about buying bud is discouraged here, selling yes but not buying...

Your right I would take a break, like I do regularly even with plenty of stocks. It's healthy for the body and brain. You shouldn't over consume anything! Even water! 

If you are unhappy you shouldn't be buying it, id do a visual inspection and if doesn't meet the standard decline. You wouldn't buy a scratched or dented car. Why let your standards slip for weed? It clearly pains you. 

• Like 1

If you were buying from a legitimate dispensary then sure complain about the quality and you'd be well accommodated. 

If you're paying for an illegal service and you're not happy, then you should move on and consider alternative options -> fuck creating conflict with a dealer, it's just not worth it. You'd be doing yourself a favour cutting that person out of your life anyway.

Edited by superfruit
  • Like 3