Best bong

Spark93

Looking to possibly buy a half decent bong. 

what do people recommend that aren’t too expensive and are a nice size ? 

normally just smoke Joints lol 

Prices have gone up in the last year or so but there are still bargains to be had on ebay and Amazon if you want to buy from the UK, or Dhgate if you don't mind the wait.

My next piece will either be one of the modular bongs you can use with or without a hydratube like dhgate item no 397550815 or a recycler like item no 427112995 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Was just about to start a new topic but I'll jump in here if okay?

I'm also looking for a new bong, it has to be large, I'm looking at the roor 1000, thing is it's over a hundred pound and I can't seem to find a cheaper alternative anywhere, not sure if to do with Brexit or Covid but a lot of the well known sites for buying bongs don't seem to be restocking.

I'm a clumsy fucker and always seem to end up breaking them, can't afford to throw away 120 bucks, sooooo tempted by the roor though, looks like a nice bit of kit.

DHGate is still my first port of call 

If you don't want to wait that long I recently discovered Black Leaf in Germany have a decent selection of pieces that I thought struck a reasonable balance of price and quality (and didn't give me a fright when I got to the shipping page) 

• Like 1

On 08/12/2020 at 0:08 AM, Hippie on hill said:

Prices have gone up in the last year or so but there are still bargains to be had on ebay and Amazon if you want to buy from the UK, or Dhgate if you don't mind the wait.

My next piece will either be one of the modular bongs you can use with or without a hydratube like dhgate item no 397550815 or a recycler like item no 427112995 

Good options @Hippie on hill. Did you get them? Any thoughts?

Having broken my usual rig I had to buy a quick replacement. This made me realise the impact a pipe and water has on the taste. My original which I thought was great with flower was robbing taste from my rosin. Replacement is great for rosin but rougher with flower ( using dcup and vrod).

I've another couple of dhgates on their way but if you have any views on good rigs for flower and or concentrate I would appreciate hearing them before I purchase any more.

DHgate ftw. Cant beat the mobius matrix replicas imho.

I tend to drop mine and break them every few years. At roughly £30 its not the end of the world. Id cry if dropped expensive glass.

• Like 1

I've been quite good with the glass (touch wood) and not had to buy anything new for a while 

Last one I got was a bigger modular piece that's not listed at the moment like 268308583 with an ashcatcher so it's like 453258155 which isn't as good as I'd hoped to be honest as the matrix perc (or is that a birdcage?) isn't up to much altho the flower perc is pretty good. I was hoping I would be able to buy some different downstems (with different percs) but the choices are limited to just the matrix or the flower perc, hence me looking at the modular hydratube things for my next purchase (and adapters to make other downstems fit lol). 

Aaaand also quite tempted to pickup a rattlecan or diffusion pump style piece like 474981921 to see what they're like lol  (I'm thinking I'd probably use it for concentrates)  

I'm just looking for a larger 1000ml old school bong without all the complicated inner workings, DHgate done seem to have anything :furious:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, threewisemonkeys said:

I'm just looking for a larger 1000ml old school bong without all the complicated inner workings, DHgate done seem to have anything :furious:

@threewisemonkeys i searched 'roor bong' on dhgate just now. there were a few in the results.

The complicate inner workings are just bits of glass with holes in though. It helps with diffusion. It works much better than the old school style in my experience and thats probably why people arent making so many of those these days.

Edited by Furtive
  • Like 1

Try searching for 18 inch (or whatever length you want in metric or imperial) straight (or beaker) bong.

And don't forget to check the thickness of the glass and the size of the base in the pics and description.

I also found the newly relaunched 'Grav' range of glass also reasonable - and quite forward looking, not really knowing what reasonable is, as it varies person to person. Some rapper knob in Cali decided that 10k was acceptable reasonable, for a beaker bong the size of a bay leaf tree (mug). I myself find 150quid (Eor£) for a decent piece, that is minimally exposed to danger, reasonable dunno though really...depends if youre going artisan or production line. I like to think that if im investing/obsessing/fantasising/actually growing my own buddage, then I deserve the best piece my budget can afford. Which curently sits with a Mobuis birdcage side-car (DHgate rip) A custome/bespoke Fire Salamander bubbler (but would swerve that going foreard to be brutally honest), a Ehle 250mm beaker, and a BlackLeaf layback - of similar size. Very poor indeed in reality. 

I have actally bought pieces that ive never used before breaking them, notably a hammer bubbler at about £50! countless down stems, bowls, bla bla bla...i once went thropugh 3 stems without smoking an 8th in a new bong (Ehle Limited run), fumbling about with it.

like everyone says, DHgate is great, buttcha gotta wate.. I blame Hippie on the hill and Mr Pamplemousse for introducing me to even more ways of massaging my vape, general cannabis related aquisition syndrome(s)...but the wait can be intollerable, if youre needing what you bought...

At those prices, with a bit of patience, you can try 2 or 3 variationsf - or a hundred euros, probably including delivery as well lol  My birdcage rip is every bit as nice as my mates authentic 350 Euro Mobuis birdcage sidecar, we both agree my rip bubbles are softer,smaller and deliver a better hit...Interestingly enough.

• Like 1