cannabis history/books/essay section

twigs

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Thought folk may like to see a book on growing cannabis from 1970. Maybe interesting to compare to the kind of advice available now.

The Cultivator's Handbook Of Marijuana (1970)

Link to PDF

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Gaijin said:

@Crow River I swear that's John Lennon on the second page lol 

And some nifty instructions on opium home processing near the back of the book lol 

Now you mention it there's a definite resemblance. Dude pops up quite regularly in the book later on too.

Interesting that bit at the end, ostensibly there so you can tell if your weed has been adulterated - which makes the tests pretty handy to be fair.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Crow River said:

The Cultivator's Handbook Of Marijuana (1970)

:stoned: good shout, it’s a classic book in the states that i got a revised version (black and red cover) of.. it’s got some good history references and old skool knowledge

Todd. m just did a bit on his books I think?

Have a high day! 

:bong:

• Like 2

Yeah, it's a pretty good read. Like a wee snapshot of the hippy culture. Also a bit more "sciencey" than some other books I've dipped into. :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, Arthur Mix said:

How can Misty and four way slip peoples mind lol Misty was a staple of ours for a few years usually the smell at our events. Four way looked shit but was quite uppy high irc not so popular then . :oldtoker:

We didn't see much of it, it was one of those I was actually trying to remember until I saw the name come up my mate had some from someone we knew and he called it Mitsy which I took the piss out of him a few years later when the well known rave drug ecstacy turned up with Mitsibushi stamps lol 

We mostly had Norths, was never called specifically Northern Lights as it was often a mix of NL or NL Haze barn grown stuff from the Valleys quality stuff I remember when we first started getting it we were facing a new level of fucked, coming from a bit of hash or the odd bit of brick from jamaica. Must have been something about that barn because the NL, NL Haze offerings in the dam at the time waned in comparison though the Shiva was always a good smoke, I got through loads of it. 

• Like 3

Wondered where this thread had went........... :)

Did stupid stoned silly sensi get their dates mixed up......?:)

large.20220215_134204_copy_1152x1537.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gaijin said:

10,000 acres :shock: 

@Revive Going to have to up your game, mate lol 

lollol init.. great lil vid that was..

brother love was the man :yep:

Bit of Sunday morning entertainment..

Good stuff @Dr feelgood

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Exhale said:

That pic was a catalogue page circa '96

Yet, the sensi years and wiki's don't match up, do they? Strange......... :)

1. 1st Cup 1988 - Skunk #1 from Cultivator's Choice
  2. 2nd Cup 1989 - Early Pearl/Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #5/Haze from the Seed Bank
  3. 3rd Cup 1990 - Northern Lights #5 from the Seed Bank (please see discussion page before attempting to change this entry)
  4. 4th Cup 1991 - Skunk from Free City
  5. 5th Cup 1992 - Haze x Skunk #1 from Homegrown Fantasy (High Time's Cannabis Cup Winner Master Kush = Hindu Kush X Skunk #1)
  6. 6th Cup 1993 - Haze x Northern Lights #5 from Sensi Seed Bank (High Time's Cannabis Cup Winner Master Kush = Hindu Kush X Skunk #1)
  7. 7th Cup 1994 - Jack Herer from Sensi Seed Bank
  8. 8th Cup 1995 - White Widow from the Green House
  9. 9th Cup 1996 - White Russian from De Dampkring
  10. 10th Cup 1997 - Peace Maker from De Dampkring
  11. 11th Cup 1998 - Super Silver Haze from the Green House
  12. 12th Cup 1999 - Super Silver Haze from the Green House
  13. 13th Cup 2000 - Blueberry from the Noon
  • Like 1