New to vaping, got rid of my bong

superfruit

I recently gave my bong away to a friend, as it just felt silly having to hide it when the grandparents came round. I don't really fancy smoking joints too often either - I end up with a cough longer term (bong filters nicely for me!) and they stink the house out.

My first grow should be ready for harvest around Christmas time, so what a great excuse to buy myself a vaporizer. I want something portable (more so it's easy to slip into a drawer when not in use) with good battery life. From what I can see the Arizer Solo II seems to get really good reviews, but all the reviews I've checked out are months old now, and with tech moving fast, I'm wondering if someone would still recommend this model today still, or has something else superseded it?

I should add I'm quite a light smoker but it'd be nice to pass between a couple friends if they popped round for a sesh.

Much appreciated!

p.s. I'd like to support our sponsor Vapefiend, so if an alternative is suggested, I'd prefer for it to be available through them

• Like 1

Depends on what your budget is but if you can get one the TinyMight is a great portable device and also a very good stand in for a desktop vape.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Exhale said:

TinyMight is a great portable device

Looks good, but I think it's a little out of budget to be honest. I was thinking the £150 mark would be my limit - other priorities this christmas!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first IQ, and Im still trading off it, had the 10 yr guarantee...they now only replace the device, not the battery or any other bits than the pearl. Ive had 5 or 6 of them with the same problem, and had 5 or 6 replacements...I am hard on vapes and glass though. I also got caught in a loop return error - returning on 3 of those occaisions and recieved two devices for the one :D ...so I have 3 spares in the drawer, 2 limited edition green anodized and 1 black 'stealth'..I think lol

Its a nice device, very cool and stealth - but always use the extended water mouth piece, you get the draw and the airflow better, and will get you there for sure. I would say its probably the best of the portable conduction vapes, and very good entry level. I say that cause when you start vaping, youre going to be so fucked compared to smoking joints lol...youre about to get twice the payoff than youre used to, in fact probably more. I think the 1 is still 175/80 - I might have to return to evilbay as a seller after leaving under protest 5 years ago...!

Ive never been so stoned since I started vaping. The IQ although not on demand, makes big clouds and hold temps well. I sesh with mine, full .7 chamber, 15 minutes of delicious...

TinyMight is the rudeboy, skanky gnarly lil urchin with a lump of 2x2 behind its back, like butter wouldnt melt - lil cu** lol ..... Straight to your head top, gonna get drop, no stop, no bob, jus' head pop lol

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @superfruit

Don't know if you've already pulled the trigger, but I bought an Arizer Solo 2 as my 1st vaporizer something like 2 months ago. It's really easy to use, can produce some clouds, heats very quickly, and, the most important, will get you high without a doubt.

But it's not so portable, forget the idea to put it in your trouser's pocket. The glass stems are long too. And if the vapor path is really clean, there are some debates about the air path running above the electronic parts, which is an idea I don't like (maybe you don't care, but at least you'll know). I have the feeling that it might not be the most efficient too. A standard bowl is 0.2g.

Bought a simple Vapcap M 2020 2 weeks ago with a glass stem I use instead of the stainless body, and it has become my main vap. You can easily do some bit of microdosing with the M2020. I often put a 0.05g dose, and it's enough for most of the time. I'm now using the Solo 2 only some evenings just before sleeping to have a stronger high, but usually a standard 0.1g Vapcap dose makes the job done.

So i'm now searching for a 3rd vap which would give me big hits when i want to but with a perfectly clean air path (didn't stop smoking to inhale heavy metals...).

Hope it helps !

• Like 2

@purepotstill what a post. Love it, thank you. I actually pulled the trigger on the Solo 2. I've been getting really high these last few nights - doesn't take much nowadays! 

I was just thinking about following this post earlier this evening and sure enough you commented!

Super pleased with it as my entry to vapint. Won't be going back to combustion. :hippy:

Edited by superfruit
  • Like 3

Same here, think I'll never come back to combustion, at least at home. Smoked a small joint at a friend's a few days ago, didn't appreciate it. Vaping is so much better !

• Like 3