First ever Edibles

Gnarkill102

57 minutes ago, OctoMan said:

How long did you decarboxylate for?  I do mine for 20 mins at around 110C and get a nice strong effect.

About 30 mins I think I might have burnt it tho

Gonna try 110 in ovan for an hour then put it in melted butter for a while then sieve

• Like 2

Maybe the microdosing didn't help. Not knocking that mind, when I do a new batch I always take a tiny piece first. If you still got some of the same batch just have 3 at once and see what happens.

I've noticed I been getting paranoid when I'm on the strong edibles. Honetsly waiting for my door to get kicked in a couple of times :eek:

8 minutes ago, KC said:

Maybe the microdosing didn't help. Not knocking that mind, when I do a new batch I always take a tiny piece first. If you still got some of the same batch just have 3 at once and see what happens.

I've noticed I been getting paranoid when I'm on the strong edibles. Honetsly waiting for my door to get kicked in a couple of times :eek:

Mines going to get kicked with the smell of baking it ... Jesus its pungent got the fan and carbon filter in the kitchen and ona blocks reeks , had a few laps outside can't smell anything tho

90% of cannabis induced paranoia is pretty much fear of getting caught or fear of being judged i find rather than the thing itself

Edited by Gnarkill102
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gnarkill102 said:

Mines going to get kicked with the smell of baking it ... Jesus its pungent got the fan and carbon filter in the kitchen and ona blocks reeks , had a few laps outside can't smell anything tho

I highly recommend ‘Citrus Magic’. Failing that burn some toast. :yep:

large.615085A9-EC20-4B3E-B798-97C0B1CE5A60.jpeg

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

You can get decarb boxes for the oven that keep the smell in. I don't bother myself, just a baking tray with the weed wrapped in greaseproof paper, that seems to keep the smell in somewhat

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KC said:

You can get decarb boxes for the oven that keep the smell in. I don't bother myself, just a baking tray with the weed wrapped in greaseproof paper, that seems to keep the smell in somewhat

I use roasting bags mate 

1 point i would make is try and eat it on an empty stomach, on a full belly it can take 2 to 3 hours for the effects to start, when i eat an edible with an empty stomach i can usually feel the effects before an hour with maximum effects about 2 hours.

Good luck though mate, i love edibles, it has added an extra dimension to getting stoned for me and i find the effects are a lot more satisfying and longer lasting. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, KC said:

I use a mason jar on a wet towel in the oven, it works a treat at keeping the smell down and if anything boils off it stays in the jar, let the jar cool and infuse the butter in the jar lid back on and double boil in the jar, no need to add water and no burning and seriously potent butter !

Edited by LA LUNA
  • Like 2

I decarbed in the oven this time for an hour at 110 ..how long should I have it in the butter after I've got it in a pot with a stick of butter a little water so it does not burn and a low heat its gently simmering slightly ...