Should I get a desktop?

BudJ

I'm new to vaping and been using a Dynavap M 2020 for the last couple of months.  It's a cracking little device and I'm enjoying the vape quality, flavour, portability and build quality.  Especially the flavour - I didn't realise weed tasted so good :)  The one drawback is the size of the bowl and refilling every 10 mins is starting to get on my tits. 

As I do most of my vaping indoors I've been looking at desktops and the Arizer Extreme Q has caught my eye given it's reasonable price.  Saw one review where a random guy was saying he couldn't get much vapour from it.  Other reviews are more favourable but those are by sellers so I have to take with a pinch of salt.

I'm worried the Q will solve the small bowl problem but introduce another with a disappointing vape.

So has anyone owned the Q and even better owned that and a Dynavap?  What's the vape like in comparison? 

I'd like something I can just load up and sup away on for 30 mins or so.

Buy a volcano, pricey but incredibly well built and gets you blazed off a bag. I get three bags full of bowl (different temps) and that will do me all night. And I don't even load it to much 

I have a dynvap but mainly use that when I'm out and about or just a quick sly hit. A volcano bag is much bigger hit than a blast on a dynvap

Edited by Jack?
  • Like 4

Have used both had an eq for years and used bags Mainly. It’s a good unit. I now have a volcano digit. The eq was quieter than volcano and imho there not much vapour or flavour difference between the two apart from the price. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

Funny this should pop up, I was googling vapes yesterday and I remember seeing the volcano, very pricey but if you can get a good taste from it, no harsh smoke maybe you'll actually get to taste the flavour. I for one can't even tell the difference in flavours and strains and I'm intending on using it long term so perhaps a volcano would be another worthwhile investement. There's lots of youtube reviews, just not so sure how i'd look sucking on a bag that looks like an inflated condom lol

Yes buy a desktop :)

I would look at how you plan to use it first 

I'm not really a fan of big desktops you stick a whip adapter on top like the New Cano, Evo, ExtremeQ because of the space they take up or the way you need to use a length of whip tubing to connect them to a bong, and much prefer something like a flowerpot, herborizer or elev8r that are designed to be used on a bong, or a log you pick up like a cup (and/or put on your bong) 

• Like 3

The Volcano looks decent but I'd need the hybrid and that's 500 sheets which I have a problem with.  Can't see how what is little more than a controllable heating element and a tube costs £500.  £130 for the Q seems about right.

@Hippie on hill I was hoping you'd comment mate as I think I read you've had both the Dynavap and Q (?).  How would you rate the vape from the Q vs the Dynavap?

• Like 1

Just my 2p, I've owned the dyna, mighty and volcano. Ended up selling my volcano quality was good and you can make bag as big as you want and the flavours are great but the one down side was the bags make crinkle sound and its really off putting of your watching a film or summits with others they can get quite pissed off. So I preferred the mighty great batter life and making the 8 capsules up before a sesh means you can keep tooting away and change a load up super quick. Plus it's cheaper and portable. 

• Like 2

Not tried the Q myself, altho I do think it represents good value from the reports I've read.

I hear the thing to do is to buy a DDave mod kit or an 18mm female/female adapter and a gauze to go in the middle to make your own, to position the load closer to the heater so you can run the Q at lower temps and make bigger cloudzbro than u would using the standard cyclone bowl.

• Like 1

I have an EQ and its an excellent unit, if it broke I would get anew one the next day.  I never use the bag, just the whip.  

I have a Mighty too for portability.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

I'm not really a fan of big desktops you stick a whip adapter on top like the New Cano, Evo, ExtremeQ because of the space they take up or the way you need to use a length of whip tubing to connect them to a bong

The Cloud EVO you can use inverted in any 18mm joint on a glass bong, you wouldn't want to let it support it's own weight though as you risk breaking your glass or the bamboo on the EVO at the join.

The Hydratube's bring the bong experience although I would prefer a rush hole on them instead of having to seperate the hydratube and the base to clear the chamber. Still, prefer them over the bag system on the Volcano's and I still have mine tucked away ready for when I start making rosin to put in the awesome drop system for the EVO (quartz tubes you put concentrates in and just drop them down the stem).

Never been a fan of S&B.. abit too much plastic for me. Or anything with a bag for the matter.

Nice peice of glass, with a convection vape is where its at imo. F L O W E R P O T:hippy:

SSV, if on budget. But its no match for the FP. 

Edited by stickyblack
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Did you make a decision?

For what it's worth, used my eq  for years. Mainly whip. Great bit of kit.

Bought a flowerpot recently and eq now stored away.

So in my view it depends on your budget and if you already have glassware.

But the fp is  superb for flower. Not too bad for concentrate either....