Am i doing something wrong?

Pete123

Hi guys, ive been experimenting with using a vape pen to treat my depression and anxiety but i just can't seem to get the right kind of high i get from a joint. I have been using a vape e-pen at 3.6v using various THC distillates but even when using the same strains i sometimes have no feeling at all or get an unwanted foggy, body high.

I am just looking for a happy, calming, mind high that will allow me to get on with my work.

Took me a little while to be able to post so after reading some of the threads on here it seems like a dry herb vaporizer might be a better idea. It seems this way i can put some CBD in the mix and have a similar high to a joint. 

Another question am i able to take a toke and come back to the vaporizer later or do i need to finish all the herb and clean it every time? 

Also will it smell as much as a joint as stealth is also important? 

Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated

Thank you  :)

Hi Pete , if you have proper clinical depression and anxiety then my advice would be to stay away from weed altogether . It could be actually maintaining your condition as opposed to making you better. 

With regards to joints vs vapes , you will find it hard/impossible to get the same hit whatever you use. I think there is a large psychological effect attached to joints by those that have smoked several thousand and you dont get it from anything else. I vape herb , have to refill the bowl several times. When I can get away with it I hit some home made hash in a pipe for that extra boost. 

Vapes are way more stealthy than spliffs but not odourless by a long way . 

Hope you get sorted :) 

• Like 2

Sorry probably a bad choice of words and thank you for your concern. I've had clinical depression for a number of years and have treated it with therapy and prescribed medication. I am now off medication but when i do get the occasional low mood nothing works better than a good spiff. 

Ive ordered a Storm Sapphire dry herb vape so i will give it a go and fingers crossed get the high i am looking for.

• Like 3

@Pete123 I used to smoke joints years ago then stopped smoking altogether before my op.  Started vaping pure bud 2 years ago and it's the same relaxing cathartic experience as smoking a doob but it's clean tasting, and a purer high without the grotty feeling from tobacco & combustion full stop.  You can really appreciate the terpenes of different buds on low settings in a way I never did before, and work your way up temperature wise until the bowl is done.  If you want a fast dose just put it high from the start.  The beauty of vaping is you can easily microdose by having a few tokes then switch it off n come back to it later.  I do that throughout the day so I can function and just take the edge off.  At night will just keep refilling until I'm where I want to be relaxation and pain wise.  It's a lot less smelly than smoking but still smell it.  It just doesn't fill the room with thick reek that lingers like smoking does.  I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised.  For me a dry herb vape is the ultimate way to consume cannabis.

Edited by Budsby
  • Like 6

Salutations Pete123,

On 17/10/2020 at 5:59 AM, Pete123 said:

...do i need to finish all the herb and clean it every time?

Personally i'd find impossible to genuinely relax while repeatedly bringing some over-stresssed high power density cell(s) near my nose right during an electrical peak, euh...  But that's me, other find that convenience has precedence priority.

Bag blowers may happen to cause the consumer's profile to jump as a result of an obvious invitation, if not promotion, to empty it.  2 ~ 3 minutes watching at paraphernalia helps to build such expectation level it becomes counter-intuitive to even suggest there should be anything left, after all the accumulated frustration of ex-smoker never able to find a substitute which actually feels like their own combustion habit.

Even vaporism divides into categories and e-Cigs spontaneously translates as "Conduction" (read heat-denaturation), "Intense Transformation" and even "3rd-party" intervention...

Which is conflictual at best with this rule i prefer to follow:  "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation".

And away from that path awaits vilification, if not turning oneselves into self-vilification agents, generation after generation as for cigarette smokers since the patented invention of James A. Bonsack...

Etc., etc.  :med:

It's already been done before, just not yet!

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.

On 17/10/2020 at 8:24 PM, Budsby said:

@Pete123 I used to smoke joints years ago then stopped smoking altogether before my op.  Started vaping pure bud 2 years ago and it's the same relaxing cathartic experience as smoking a doob but it's clean tasting, and a purer high without the grotty feeling from tobacco & combustion full stop.  You can really appreciate the terpenes of different buds on low settings in a way I never did before, and work your way up temperature wise until the bowl is done.  If you want a fast dose just put it high from the start.  The beauty of vaping is you can easily microdose by having a few tokes then switch it off n come back to it later.  I do that throughout the day so I can function and just take the edge off.  At night will just keep refilling until I'm where I want to be relaxation and pain wise.  It's a lot less smelly than smoking but still smell it.  It just doesn't fill the room with thick reek that lingers like smoking does.  I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised.  For me a dry herb vape is the ultimate way to consume cannabis.

Thanks man, i took your advice and have been doing this ever since. 

I definitely see what you mean about the flavour of the terpenes coming out. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pete123 said:

Thanks man, i took your advice and have been doing this ever since. 

I definitely see what you mean about the flavour of the terpenes coming out. 

@Pete123 You're welcome!  Glad you're enjoying it.  It's a game changer in taste!