Induction heating: How much is too much??

Egzoset

Salutations,

Below this is a rudimentary graphic evaluation of the maximal power capacity made available via high-integration Class-D Power Audio chips like Ti's TPA3255 - which in this most particular case happens to be rated 300 + 300 Watts per 44-pins "HTSSOP" (surface-mount) package.  So, if we put 4 that's 2.4 KW or even 4.8 KW by exploiting both PCBoard sides...

large.5f86d5ac8473b_EgzosetsUniv.2-Phase

Which of course makes me think maybe that's incentive enough to lossen up a little, by removing 2 of those 4 chips in order to optimize PCBoard use, for example to provide BlueTooth features, etc:

large.5f86dbda35f1f_EgzosetsUniversal2-P

Then there's the fact that perhaps the physical size of a TPA3255 represents too much PCBoard space anyway, hence it's quite possible a TDA7498 will suffice considering that's already 400 Watts on a single PCBoard side:

large.5f7de1488c24a_EgzosetsUniversal2-P

The question that comes to me is about how close is too close, in terms of potential for nuisible electro-magnetic interactions with the circuitry.

In any case in the year 2020 there no question what's the path to follow, magnetic flux-concentration is a must to access this level of convenience & performance in such compact format:  5 x 5 x 1 cm if my preliminary evaluation is correct.  It would be compatible with battery-operated (portable) applications, while i believe the chip can be easily managed by external means if desire, as it even got a "sync" pin in case multiple chips must cooperate together - which is the case here although an eventual dual-frequency support doesn't necessarily require both "phases" to get empowered simultaneously.  Even without synchronized cooperation of the 2 Class-D chips it's still possible to have duak-band IH driving if done separately and this ain't really a limitation at all since the frequency band would depend on the consumption tool's characteristic signature when inserted into this assembly's IH Aperture, because each resonator will get its "Q" factor damped with such WorkLoad, and presumably the resonating frequencies with it...

Etc., etc.

Briefly put there a lot remaining to explore but i feel it's about time internet-age consumers should start being more critical of 3rd-party offers.  Flat magnetics ain't exactly new, not to mention watch out for the eventual release of Gallium Nitride Class-D power chips similar to those mentioned here today.  Then beware of opportunists advertizing "evaluation modules" as Induction Heaters!  ...  It has begun.

Oh well, That's what's on my mind about it anyway.  The age of air-core selenoïds monopolized all efforts long enough, pass the word!

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry: