This could be it !?!

JimmyPage

I know I've asked before - probably years now - but this could be "the one" :)

MrsJP has decided to give up smoking. Finally 2-3 a day triggered the "is it worth it ?" moment.

Now as long as she was smoking (I gave up baccy years ago) then it seemed bonkers to just vape weed. So the current practice has been that I use 2/3rds a filter ciggie (B&H blue) plus a dash of ground bud in a joint. And we get through around 9 of those in an evening.

I said that when she gave up, then it made sense to nix the baccy joints and look to vaping.

However, we've got a nice little routine/ritual going where we sit outside, drink in hand and put the world to rights over the joints. It would be a shame if switching to vaping meant that dynamic changed.

So is there a vape system or device that could be loaded once and then used over an evening ? Is cleaning a pain ? How much ground bud can one hold, or do you end up having to top them up a lot ?

I've had this in my wishlist for ages

Xmax Starry v3

seems to have some good reviews ...

I guess we'd be looking more at a handheld - swap between us sort of device ? One that can be set "low" so you get a small puff and can take a few over (say) half an hour.

We'll come to the cost later :) - still hunting for that elusive "job" ....

As always thanks in advance all UK420 - stay safe.

Edited by Degsy
Removed link
  • Like 3

Salutations JimmyPage,

On 30/09/2020 at 5:12 PM, JimmyPage said:

...is there a vape system or device that could be loaded once and then used over an evening?  Is cleaning a pain?  How much ground bud...

Syqe-Inhaler-Technology-En.pngV13-White.506_3different_vaporchips-e156

Years ago when i 1st read about it there was mention of Syqe wheels holding 1 gram divided as 70 doses, i think.  Which i still find to sound ridiculuously lighweight even today, but one beneficial aspect of it is a powerful incentive promoting moderated consumption profiles, because i figure nobody likes to blast a 70 doses disc in the evening.  Compare that to balloon systems involving their fair amount of vilification vectors, starting with the ritual associated to anticipation building up for 2 ~ 3 minutes while watching after paraphernalia, typically concluding with an empty bag as it would be a waste after using such patience to ditch the rest...  In comparison i get the impression this system shares features of my own customized VG pipe(s) in some manner:  it's a matter of seconds, certainly not minutes IMO.  But that was many years ago, i'd be curious to read a detailed description of any eventual changes.

If only this manufacturer could add "Inlet Water" somehow...

Xmax Starry v3

Oh, well in that case if you've made up your mind already then i'm sure there's going to be owners around willing to relate their experience, eventually.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by lildaveham
Offsite links and pics again
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Egzoset said:

Syqe wheels holding 1 gram divided as 70 doses, i think. 

I like the idea of having lots of smaller doses. I always forget I don’t have to fill the bowl and not every vape has to be a full in vaping session :rofl::rofl:  

If you want the full no fucking around experience then I’d suggest a crafty/mighty. In combination with the filling tool/dosing capsules it’s the easiest vape I’ve seen to refill. I’ve seen the mesh bowls for the cfx but that’s still a faff. (It has been a while since I’ve looked at new vapes). 

you can have the vape and the filling tool or dosing capsules (you can get a 4 keychain holder or 8 wheel thing) and that’s all you’ll need. No mess don’t need to grind anything. 

I hate it when I forget my filling tool and I have to grind weed then transfer it into my hand/folded paper and put it into the bowl. Seems a minor thing but I find it annoying and messy with little bits of bud falling everywhere. Especially when high af. It’s made for medical purposes so even someone with extreme shakes can fill it up. 

• Like 4

I've got the Davinci IQ & use the smartpath setting which heats the chamber up gradually increasing the temp over 10mins before turning off. Easily enough bud in the oven to share & its not that much of a pain to reload. It's pretty expensive (well for me it was at the time) but I can't recommend it enough to be honest ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 9:31 PM, Sateeva said:

I've got the Davinci IQ & use the smartpath setting which heats the chamber up gradually increasing the temp over 10mins before turning off. Easily enough bud in the oven to share & its not that much of a pain to reload. It's pretty expensive (well for me it was at the time) but I can't recommend it enough to be honest ;)

The IQ2 is a huge upgrade on the 1 - I have had 5 or 6 IQ1s as they keep failing on me, and have 3 new spare IQ1's in the drawer as they keep warrantying me :) The IQ2 however is a really nice device if you like induction. It has its place for me but im also on the hunt for a convection vape for the flavour and instant hits.

Still love my IQs and cant recommend them highly enough, you do need to really dry your herb to get the untimate hits IMHO, i have mine down sub 50%, then the high and the rips spank properly, really big clouds, but the flavour paths are the groove, 1 and 2 meh, 3 and 4 depending on your herb quality... smasheroonie all day :D

• Like 2

16 hours ago, zeroG said:

The IQ2 is a huge upgrade on the 1 - I have had 5 or 6 IQ1s as they keep failing on me, and have 3 new spare IQ1's in the drawer as they keep warrantying me :) The IQ2 however is a really nice device if you like induction. It has its place for me but im also on the hunt for a convection vape for the flavour and instant hits.

Still love my IQs and cant recommend them highly enough, you do need to really dry your herb to get the untimate hits IMHO, i have mine down sub 50%, then the high and the rips spank properly, really big clouds, but the flavour paths are the groove, 1 and 2 meh, 3 and 4 depending on your herb quality... smasheroonie all day :D

How much better is the 2 compared to the 1? I think mine is ace but certainly can't warrant the cost of getting another one just yet.

I usually use smartpath 2 & 3 on my bowl & it usually does the trick ;)

I can't remember the name of it but I'm sure there's a vape that is a hybrid between convection & induction isn't there (is it the mighty?) but again I can't justify the price tag just yet.

• Like 1

@SateevaI didnt pay for mine, it was a gift from amazon - I returned my broken 1, and they sent me a 2  - everyones a winner, chicken dinner lol . On reflection though, if the IQ1 was this, i would just keep buying them as a portable induction vape, as a 'sipper' device, with the flavouir that lasts into the mid bowl stir and beyond with the zirconia ceramic...its difficult to beat, especialy for size, and that .5g bowl is enough for half a day, i take the stash can half filled and I go overnight lol (obviously buy more after the 10yr warranty expires, I got 5yrs left)

It just went premuim properly really. I think this might be the best example of actual martket research ive experienced to be fair. Just about everything I complained about has been addressed - not personally for me, but you get the swerve - and the build that may have felt a bit clunky on the 1, has now been refined to 'audi s style weight' if you know what I mean..the way a car door closes... Davinci achieved this in spades. Air path adjustment works, the pearl now works also to adjust the bowl, not that much, but noticeable enough, its a bit bigger unit, but the battery lasts a bit longer...i think, the haptic is now 'soft' but just as noticeable, refined if you will, like ..."niiiiiice" refined, like a purr now, not a fly in a tin. Its just nice man and feels expensive (because it is!) and also works nicely. I enjoy the drive man, more than the one, and enough to gush for the moment...until it goes wrong lol

They're also 100 quid more than the 1, ive seen 270, but 250 is normal...worth it? off the bat, in a non legal country, unless youre groeing, or have massive pockets its a bit redundant imho as its a weed muncher for sure, for no other reason than its delicious...but as a '1' driver,  this you already know...if you can afford it, get it. Thats all i can say :) It fills the gaps that were left in a big way.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, zeroG said:

@SateevaI didnt pay for mine, it was a gift from amazon - I returned my broken 1, and they sent me a 2  - everyones a winner, chicken dinner lol . On reflection though, if the IQ1 was this, i would just keep buying them as a portable induction vape, as a 'sipper' device, with the flavouir that lasts into the mid bowl stir and beyond with the zirconia ceramic...its difficult to beat, especialy for size, and that .5g bowl is enough for half a day, i take the stash can half filled and I go overnight lol (obviously buy more after the 10yr warranty expires, I got 5yrs left)

It just went premuim properly really. I think this might be the best example of actual martket research ive experienced to be fair. Just about everything I complained about has been addressed - not personally for me, but you get the swerve - and the build that may have felt a bit clunky on the 1, has now been refined to 'audi s style weight' if you know what I mean..the way a car door closes... Davinci achieved this in spades. Air path adjustment works, the pearl now works also to adjust the bowl, not that much, but noticeable enough, its a bit bigger unit, but the battery lasts a bit longer...i think, the haptic is now 'soft' but just as noticeable, refined if you will, like ..."niiiiiice" refined, like a purr now, not a fly in a tin. Its just nice man and feels expensive (because it is!) and also works nicely. I enjoy the drive man, more than the one, and enough to gush for the moment...until it goes wrong lol

They're also 100 quid more than the 1, ive seen 270, but 250 is normal...worth it? off the bat, in a non legal country, unless youre groeing, or have massive pockets its a bit redundant imho as its a weed muncher for sure, for no other reason than its delicious...but as a '1' driver,  this you already know...if you can afford it, get it. Thats all i can say :) It fills the gaps that were left in a big way.

Ha ha I've just had a bowl round my mates & come home & read that, a very nice write up indeed! :yes:

I do think the build quality on my 1 is brilliant to be honest & if you say the 2 is a notch or two higher then it must be sweeeet as?

I took a big risk money wise tbh when buying mine as all I was using was round a mates & his Mamba & Widow which did work, as I didn't want to burn ever again. Well the difference is absolutely chalk & cheese really as far as literally everything goes; quality of build, vape & looks. Oh not to forget the warranty on these too 10yrs? :shock:

I would deffo recommend anyone who has one of the budget vapes & is thinking of upgrading to buy the Davinci IQ & if you can stretch the budget I'd have a punt on the IQ2 on your recommendation G knowing how good the 1 is. I also like the fact that there's enough in the bowl to be able to share the vape like a spliff makes a bit more social :cheers:

• Like 2

@JimmyPage

Well done on MrsJP for ditching the tobacco.

What I do is use the capsules with a Storz & Bickel Mighty. I bulk fill between 50-100 at a time so always got one to hand.

Each capsule holds about 0.15 g.

Capsules then get an iso soak before refill.

Small amount of maintenance on the mighty keeps it ship shape and in good order.

Takes seconds to change a used capsule for a fresh one.

Will happily do a thread with pics to show if you like?

Edited by bartman
  • Like 2

@bartmanyes pls mate, im about to invest a sensible chunk of my 70% furloughed salary on big terpy muthafkr wacks, please share...Im at the same stage I was with the IQ 5 yrs ago investing 220 quid...

I need all the help I can get lol ...and my sweet sativa buzzzz (Tangielope)is burning a hole in my wedge for a new on demand tasty vape -  as it makes me excited for some reason...It makes me look forward to everything hehe.

Niccccce  :bong:

• Like 2

large.IMG_0857.jpglarge.IMG_0861.jpglarge.IMG_0860.jpglarge.IMG_0859.jpglarge.IMG_0858.jpg

In case you were interested and I did my best to tidy them up a bit, but they are in use! - all of them...

...except the Miqro, which I've found to be a complete waste of space in every way, and I was really looking forward to that device when It launched, pre ordered and everything and it launched with the 'explorer kit' lol or some equally unrealistic lifestyle gadge...for journeying with your herb up Kilimanjaro or naked hiking in the sahara, what ever the fuck  - (but in reality vag - for the extra cash). Never had a decent rip, or even toke from it. Boo, Hisss - get off the stage. Anyone got a rotten cabbage to chuck?

The days of micro dosing for me personally are long gone lol - .5g is that - If I'm going all out for a nice sesh, i can spunk 3 gms easy, and just about get up for a piss, if I build up to it for 10 mins and convince myself that 5.8 athletic blonde nympho is really there waiting for me to take me to bed and abuse me...the fear of pising the sofa usually wins in the end when reality kicks in...and the burn comes just before you cant stop it coming out a second longer lol but NVM.

Anyway, I like it and endorse it for what its worth, past a 35yr tokers experience...I like to sandwich a vapcap in between...

Fill the 2, turn on flavour path 3 with Tangie...pack vapcap with tangie, take first rip...2 is now ready, rinse the flavour, finish off with the massive 2nd vapcap hit...keel over horizontally as if MT overhand lefted you to your temple...seeja, would deffo wanna be ya :D - when the brain freeze abates, finish off with the rest of the 2, and done for about 4-6 hrs lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 5:12 PM, JimmyPage said:

Xmax Starry v3

seems to have some good reviews

I have the Xmax Starry 3, had it just over a year I think it was about £85, I can't compare it to other dry herb vapes as this is the only one I have. That said I can't really complain too much about it. Easy to use and clean, the mouth piece can get a little hot after 2 bowls. Simple settings menu, arrows for heat up or down, it has your set temperature and will switch between degs F & C. What I really liked and sold it for the price was the replaceable 18650 battery (but it is finicky as it seems to only close properly when it has the Samsung pink batteries in it)

Would I buy another one if this broke definitely YES, it's small in the hand so discreet, the quality is good and it is metal bodied so it's quite solid.  

I was thinking about getting another better vape and if you have not got one yet the Utilian 721 has really good reviews and I am considering that. Though I might though go all in and get a Mighty. Early Xmas prezzie :)

• Like 1