Magical Butter Machine

Pot Luck

As per the title, anyone else used one?

Just invested in one after a recommend from a couple of friends off here.. 

Such a cool piece of kit, it just sits on my worktop and no one would give it a second glance.. looks a bit like a posh pressure cooker.. nice and discreet..

I’ve tried simmering butter, water and weed in a pan for yonks and it’s messy, smelly, takes ages; and when you seperate the mess afterwards you get that yucky layer between the butter and water.. meh..

with this I just decarbed my weed, melted some butter, popped the mixture into the machine and pressed go..

Sat and played with a kitten for 2 hours. Came back when it beeped, strained it into some molds, they’re now chilling in the fridge.

Machine then does a self clean, wash my pan up that I melted the butter in.. Job done..

Got 500g of butter with 1 oz of dry trim in it.. it looks smooth and plant matter free.. no water to seperate off, no mess, no smell.. 

I don’t usually recommend things, but this is fucking awesome lol 

• Like 8

I got one a couple of months ago. I was previously double boiling oil in jars in a slow cooker but had no way of keeping temps consistent. Great bit of kit. Worth the money if your gonna be making edibles regularly

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

My mate just bought one of these. I had some weed I couldn't be arsed to trim so we put an oz in 500ml of olive oil with 2 tablespoons of sunflower lecithin. The decarb was done in the oven in the magic silicon decarber you can buy, it comes with a thermostat so you can see the real temp. My oven is about 10c out by the looks of it. 30minutes decarb, then into the freezer (they suggest this). 1 hour in the machine and it's done.

I had 2 tablespoons of oil in a yogurt, I'll never do that again :wacko: It was really pleasant as it was building then it got a bit hairy, I couldn't even eat properly. Once I settled it was nice but it took a good couple of hours. Didn't help that  decided to cook my curry with the canna oil too, so just as I was starting to come down a bit the second wave kicked in.

I slept well lol I think i'll try one tablespoon next time

Edited by KC
edit-I might actually buy one they're that good
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Roverlord18 said:

I've been looking at the magic butter 2 machine but it doesn't decarb does it? 

Afraid not bud, they do sell a decarb kit...which is essentially a tin with a thermometer probe I think for use with the oven.

• Like 2

Hey there @OLaC , long time mate :) Did you buy the extra filters/bubblebags ? The one that comes with the machine is not fine enough so I have to use cheese cloth . I may just stick with that as it works fine , but I'm always tempted by the accessories, maybe even that decarb box. 

I still haven't made gummies so I'm going to have a look at some of your guides shortly . Thanks for uploading them man  :yinyang:

• Like 2

I got the bubble bags, gloves of love lol and the decarb box. 

.the decarb box is only a silicon tub with a hole in the lid for the probe....u have to put something on it tho in the oven or the lid pops off so not great....but I make it work 

(Actually thinking’s about it I should just turn the bloody thing upside down) 

:skin_up:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Al Swearengen said:

Hey there @OLaC , long time mate :) Did you buy the extra filters/bubblebags ? The one that comes with the machine is not fine enough so I have to use cheese cloth . I may just stick with that as it works fine , but I'm always tempted by the accessories, maybe even that decarb box. 

I still haven't made gummies so I'm going to have a look at some of your guides shortly . Thanks for uploading them man  :yinyang:

Hey man, hope you're well! I've not been growing up until the last couple of weeks, took a bit of a break to get some house and garden stuff done, trying to sweat out the covid depression so not been about much.

Got some new ladies on the go now which always cheer me up, will hopefully keep me busy up until Xmas.

I use the butter machine bag as a kinda workbag, then run it through a 75micron bubble, sometimes will leave a few particles through but find anything thinner can be a pain to squeeze through.

I wasn't convinced about the decarb box, felt the sous vide method was alot more accurate and only cost 10-20 quid more plus can use the sous vide wand and vacuum sealer for loads of other stuff other than decarbing so felt it was the better option.

(I now use the ardent nova just cos I managed to get one second hand really cheap)..despite only being able to decarb 1/2oz trim or barely about 1oz off bud it seems to work really well. They do a bigger model now but think it's costly.

I've made my last couple of batches of gummies using cannabutter, almost exact same recipe as I've posted but will update thread as I've made a few tweaks and actually prefer the flavour more with butter than oil, haven't determined if they're weaker or stronger mind, my tolerance is so high nowadays I've morally gotta give some away to mates to gauge their strength lol

• Like 5

All is good bud, feeling good thanks :) the Covid Stuff is heavy on the head alright  but greatful for all I've got . As long as I do some sort of exercise on the daily it seems to keep my head in a rational state. A few Mushrooms are a great help on top too. :cowboy: 

Glad you got your Grow back  up and going , keeping busy and putting Love into the plants is very satisfying. I'm still growing away . Plan to take a break Myself  in Spring  to also get work done on the house . But going to ride out the winter and see where this Covid thing is at after that. 

Ive considered doing a 90u or 73u bubble bag for straining but I may just stick with a good quality Muslin doubled up . Will decide when I make the coconut oil .  The decarb box seems overpriced and not a necessity , I have a oven thermometer to keep things accurate and has worked fine in the past . I do like your sous vide , very cool and keeps the smell to a minimum.  I may get one for the kitchen anyway. I see those Ardent Nova machines are good too.  With a freezer full of trim I would need a bigger capacity though and as you mentioned the bigger unit is probably very expensive. I will have a look. 

Your cooking recipes and guides are excellent , I love them mate , well done and thanks . Do you know which has a longer shelf life the gummies made with coconut oil or with the butter ? 

Great to hear from you man , respect ,

Al :yinyang:

• Like 3

Got the magical butter machine on Monday the coconut oil would blow your head off. Simple to use and very quick. Next up is some overproof rum from asda and another ounce of buds. 

Toke...

• Like 7

@Al Swearengen if you got an oven thermometer you're golden mate, that's half the magical butter decarb kit right there!

Yeh man, getting a grow back on has done wonders for my mental health, nice to have something to look forward too if nothing else lol 

best of luck with the DIY mate, I've had two breaks to work on the house the last couple of years and both times never managed to finish it all before having to get the grow back on..just never ends!! Or never before my stash starts running low anyway lol

I use ghee or clarified butter with cannabis to increase the shelf life mate, I'm guessing it probably still won't last as long as using coconut oil, but can't imagine they'd be too far apart. I also use mold inhibitor (pottasium sorbate) too which definitely works. I've got a gummy sitting in my cupboard (testing shelf life with oil) been there since July and everytime I check on it, still looks perfectly edible..so far! I'll do the same experiment with butter and see how It goes.

Thanks for liking the recipe posts mate, Ill hopefully be posting some more as soon as I whip up a fresh batch of oil/butter. Haven't got much new to add but got some pretty tasty variations on the classics like brownies/cookies but tbh I find them so hard to gauge strength that I haven't made as much recently, missus is scared stiff of them, which then means I've got to eat em all and quite often they're just too much lol

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Next up is some overproof rum from asda and another ounce of buds. 

Toke...

If we don't hear from you in a few days mate, at least we'll now know why lol

• Like 3

@OLaC yeah you might be right, totally fucked for about 4 hours the other night, love it when your eyes jitter about and you cant move lol. Got this sweet seeds diary to get started so i forbid the use of any extracts today.

Toke...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Decided I deserve one of these for christmas after much deliberation :yep:

Get the Ardent Nova, it can decarb too :) 

• Like 1