Why won't my music vids play on YouTube?

Captain Bonglington

Right, this is driving my head to a point....:wallbash:

I like to listen to music on you tube. I use a kindle fire. 

Now some songs I can always listen to. Others, occasionally I can, though usually not. I'll just get a black screen when I click on the vid. I turned the tablet on and off a few days ago and then it played any music video for a few days....It's been bliss, music on demand, no issues. "Is that all it was?" I thought....Tried to listen to/watch  the same vids this evening and no....tried restarting, no, cleared history, cache, no....Broadband speed is excellent. 

It's almost like YouTube selects what I like to listen to, and says no, other than a few songs which will always play...

Any ideas before I smash my kindle thingy folks? :wallbash:

27 minutes ago, Captain Bonglington said:

It's almost like YouTube selects what I like to listen to, and says no

youtube hates you mate

• Like 1

I fucking know that @ratdog:wallbash:

If I post a YT vid that I can't watch on here in the entertainment section, then I can then watch it without issue if that helps folk that know these dark arts....:unsure:

Whenever I clear my cache I've noticed youtube throws up an advert that I have to play/or close before the vid plays are you running some sort of ad blocker that isnt letting you see these options perhaps  ....just a guess mate 

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 2

I'm running nothing mate....Just Silk browser on a Kindle Fire. It will play the ad before the vid if there is one and then go to black screen....

There's no rhyme or reason to it...I've been able to watch all the videos I've wanted to watch over the past few days, then this evening none of them....apart from certain ones that don't seem to be affected, I can always watch them...

It genuinely seems to be on a personal mission to wind me up...I can predict if it will play or not, if I'm not that arsed with it, it will play. lol

50 minutes ago, Captain Bonglington said:

I'm running nothing mate....Just Silk browser on a Kindle Fire. It will play the ad before the vid if there is one and then go to black screen....

There's no rhyme or reason to it...I've been able to watch all the videos I've wanted to watch over the past few days, then this evening none of them....apart from certain ones that don't seem to be affected, I can always watch them...

It genuinely seems to be on a personal mission to wind me up...I can predict if it will play or not, if I'm not that arsed with it, it will play. lol

I know there is a youtube app mate ,Do you use it? if you don't maybe download and give it a try  other than that I cant help 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably that shitty silk browser and their half baked implementation of getting YouTube on the fire without the YouTube App since Google won't let Amazon have it. 

I think Firefox and opera browser are on the Amazon app store try one of those.

Or you can install another browser (ie Chrome) by copying the appropriate .APK file to your sd card (just be warey that your .APK source is legitimate), and then enabling outside sources in settings>developer options and running it from within a file manager.