#FCKPGR

-1earth-

They're not recommended by folk here.

Some have tried them in the past but they don't add anything we want to the end product..

Better to go au natural, plenty of organic/living soil/no till growers here, that should tell you something :yinyang:

• Like 3

That's good to know. It's good to see some purists. Having returned to the green only recently (last 18 months or so) after a very long absence and being a non-grower I'm unfortunately at the mercy of local dealers for my weed - not a problem in itself but I've been amazed just how many strains seem to be full of this artificial PGR crap nowadays. Endless strains around, too. Hybrids of hybrids ad infinitum - names and choices seem overwhelming. Any 'modern' strain recommendations NOT produced with artificial PGR's that I might stand a chance of finding out there or is all the 'street' stuff now just shite?

17 minutes ago, -1earth- said:

Any 'modern' strain recommendations NOT produced with artificial PGR's that I might stand a chance of finding out there or is all the 'street' stuff now just shite?

You've more chance of plaitting piss I'm afraid mate, your only choice is to grow your own! You'd be surprised what you can produce from the smallest of spaces.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

You've more chance of plaitting piss I'm afraid mate, your only choice is to grow your own! You'd be surprised what you can produce from the smallest of spaces.

:rofl:   Got plenty of interests but have to admit that plaitting piss ain't one of them.  Only time that I ever tried growing seriously apart from the odd window sill plant now and then - dacades ago now - was on a carefully prepared very sheltered and sunny outdoor plot in the Lake District. Seemed like a good idea at the time - discreet, completely organic and more or less self-sufficient. Young Durban Poison plants brought on in pots, the original stuff and a damned good smoke. All went well for 6 - 8 weeks, plants really thriving and seemingly ideally suited to the climate. Went to check on them one day - sheep had bust in and necked the lot! Fuckers.

Surely there has to be something out there that's worth considering? Perhaps a strain less toxic than another? Don't mind natural PGR's - seaweed or whatever - it's just the chem crap I'd prefer to avoid if I can...

Edited by -1earth-

No offense mate but no one here will point ye towards dealer weed of any description 

We will however help you with vast stores of info to start growing your own tho :yep:

Most dealer weed is utter shite hence the ditch the dealer ethos

Welcome to the site dude dig in :yep:

E2A most dealer strains tend to get named whatever happens to be the "in" thing at the time in reality they are near all overfed early chopped quick dried generic shite ditchweed

Edited by McHazy
  • Like 7

No offence taken - just happy to be here and begin the new learning curve allllll over again. :)  Hmm ok thanks for the input so far guys...seems like I'll have to think this one through a bit more. Presently have some Mango Haze here which does the trick nicely and on close examination it 'looked' ok but the headache following rings a few alarm bells. Need to find (or somehow grow) something a LOT better it seems.

28 minutes ago, -1earth- said:

Surely there has to be something out there that's worth considering? Perhaps a strain less toxic than another? Don't mind natural PGR's - seaweed or whatever - it's just the chem crap I'd prefer to avoid if I can...

No one can help you in that respect. There is not one strain of cannabis I could say "Oh go and look for that, it def won't have PGRs in it" as its the grower who dictates how it is grown not the plant, and its always worth remembering that us UK420 growers are very very much the minority of growers, PGR/PK'd up to fuck weed is the norm on British streets. I obviously get you're after a hook up mate but again, you're platting piss if you think you're going to get that sort of help here. If you set something up there are members here, myself included, who will break our minds advising you on how to get the best and most out of your set up.

Grow your own, if you can't grow where you're living then move or find somewhere you can, if its cost prohibitive then stop smoking weed for a bit until you've saved up enough for a set up. I understand it sounds a bit patronising but buying weed is an absolute mugs game mate, I want you to be happy, stoned and not supporting a black market.

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, -1earth- said:

Need to find (or somehow grow) something a LOT better it seems

Literally anything you grow yourself will be better and you’ll have full control of what’s gone into it. 

• Like 2

Thanks again. No actually I wasn't expecting to find a hook up to actually score from anyone on here - from what I read, that's against site rules, right? I simply needed a bit of advice on *what* to go out 'shopping' for and now I know the answer to that one. I probably do have the space, or I can create it, to have a go at growing indoors though the primary concern would be the smell. Closest neighbours are both heads anyway so that's not a problem but others around here aren't and at least one is decidedly anti-drug, a snitch and he's already proven that he has a VERY sensitive nose. It's the reason why several people in the neighborhood are avoiding growing and just buying crap instead.

33 minutes ago, -1earth- said:

Thanks again. No actually I wasn't expecting to find a hook up to actually score from anyone on here - from what I read, that's against site rules, right? I simply needed a bit of advice on *what* to go out 'shopping' for and now I know the answer to that one. I probably do have the space, or I can create it, to have a go at growing indoors though the primary concern would be the smell. Closest neighbours are both heads anyway so that's not a problem but others around here aren't and at least one is decidedly anti-drug, a snitch and he's already proven that he has a VERY sensitive nose. It's the reason why several people in the neighborhood are avoiding growing and just buying crap instead.

No smell, no sell, no tell. Keep your gob shut and don't tell anyone, even if your neighbors ask where you're getting that ace weed from you tell them its a lad from the village over and no you can't get them any, sorry. Fans and filters these days are fantastic, if you set them up properly (which isn't hard, attach fan to filter and away you go) there will be absolutely zero smell from your grow.

Have a look at what available space you've got and the location (IE a spare bedroom), and have a think about how much canna you actually want to produce. As a rule of thumb, for every 1.2m2 you'll be looking at upto 20 ounces (without going into differences in lighting etc). Make a thread here asking about first time set up and all of us will be happy to chip in our experience and advise you on what equipment you need to buy. It all seems a bit much when you're looking at it with fresh airs but you lads seriously complicate beans on toast in this game :yep:

• Like 5