Storz and bickel filling set for 40 capsules

growinggold

Hello all, 

After a Storz and bickel filling set for 40 capsules, but can bring myself to spend £50 on price of plastic or metal with holes in. Is there any cheap versions of this? 

Find filling the capsules so long, thanks all

Edited by growinggold
Typo

Is that the brand? There are basic filling machines on Slamazon for £20 ish. They're for powders so you can't just tip a liquid on the plate to fill them but it will still make things quicker than doing it cap by cap.  

Sorry, I mean storz and bickel , bloody typos. 

Yeah it was the branded on k looked it. I can't seem to find unbranded metal dried herb capsule filler. 

40 always seemed far too many for me but i was tempted by the unofficial Delta 3d ones that fill 8 caps at a time. US based tho so still not super cheap.

• Like 2

40 sounds ideal tbh, I burn through on average about ,21 a week so twice a week fill ups give or take. Really want a cheap one. Argh. Anyone got a laser cutter I can supply the drawing?

I have one but the only time I use it is when I am going away and I need a load of capsules. I took 120 to North Wales for example on a fortnight holiday. I had about 12 left coming back.

• Like 2

I havent found many plants that really keep their flavour after being ground up. That's why the 40 capsule filler always seemed like too many for general personal use.

• Like 2

Thanks @Bubbles Depot I'll keep it on the list jobs to do, just not make it a priority. Also when drying you plants do wait until the stems snap to jar up? I've trimmed and jarred a plant up at 8 days of drying in little worried this maybe to early now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, growinggold said:

@UnderMirkwood do you find flower quality stays the same once they have put and stored in capsules? I keep all my filled ones in a old jam jar. 

I kept them in an air tight container and they were fine, I could still tell the strains apart, there were 3 different ones. For everyday use I just fill as I go. I also took my Mighty to Spain last year, same method I filled a load of capsules before I left, went through customs easily got the boat from Dover to Calais and then drove all the way across France to just north of Barcelona vaping all the way there and then all way back two weeks later. I put the used capsules into a compartment in the footwell of my car, it's a Renault. I'm hoping to repeat the trip again in November.  :skin_up:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, growinggold said:

Thanks @Bubbles Depot I'll keep it on the list jobs to do, just not make it a priority. Also when drying you plants do wait until the stems snap to jar up? I've trimmed and jarred a plant up at 8 days of drying in little worried this maybe to early now. 

I usually wait til the stems snap then trim and store in shoeboxes before jarring. 8 days could be too quick or it could be fine, depending on your environment. If the buds in the jar feel moist just take them out and let them dry, then put them back in and try again.

Edited by Bubbles Depot
  • Like 1

I will leave the jars open each night for a couple of hours or more. 

the grow space, which was also my dry space is back in action again now.  

Took some capsule dimensions last night, so will keep you all in formed with my DIY loader. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Had bit of spare time so ive the artful bodger has struck again.

100x100mm 8mm Plastic from fleebay for couple squids

14mm drill bit from bNq 4 squids.

Yet to use it but the capsules fit well. Will do a full update once ive had a filling sesh this evening.

large.IMG_20200809_113431.jpg

Hopefully saved myself some money and time, finger crossed. 

• Like 3