Easiest edibles?

Katchum

Got some trim left over, not a great deal but wanna try a couple edibles, could somebody please tell me the easiest way to make some without a lot a hassle as like I said I not got loads, maybe 10g a decent dried trim an pop corn buds, ideally won’t be stuff I got at home an not having to order anything? Not fussy any type will do, iv looked into decarbon the trim an I get that, do I need to make butter tho or can I do it an easier way, thanks 

I used to buy one of those Tesco brand brownie mix boxes that came with a waxed cardboard tray to use (the one you fold). Makes about 4 large brownies. Easy as eggs and butter too...I just put my trim in a pan with some butter on a slow heat until ready, drained it out and substituted the oil for the butter in the recipe.

Took less than an hour all told iirc.

Edited by Justanotherdude
Edit: just reread the 'stuff I have at home' preference. Maybe: pan, coconut oil - coffee? You'll need to decarb with a fat like an oil or butter.

3 minutes ago, Justanotherdude said:

I used to buy one of those Tesco brand brownie mix boxes that came with a waxed cardboard tray to use (the one you fold). Makes about 4 large brownies. Easy as eggs and butter too...I just put my trim in a pan with some butter on a slow heat until ready, drained it out and substituted the oil for the butter in the recipe.

Took less than an hour all told iirc.

Iv actually got cookie mixes an cake mixes an a wife on hand to cover the recipes haha it was more the butter, I thought I’d have to make the butter sort of thing an let it all set in to butter again before using, but you say you just mixed the butter an from a then squeezed the trim out of it then make brownies straight away? That seems a lot less hassle, will that work for any recipe that takes butter in it I take it? I’ll get wife to grab her apron in a bit lol

• Like 1

kicks in better if you extract into butter or oil first mate imho  look up simple flapjack recipe  sometimes I just add the oil/butter to melted chocolate and pour it into a mould/tinfoil tray ,And stick it in the fridge to cool it sets more like fudge than chocolate  but you did ask for simple 

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 6

Yeah I just used the oil - straight in. 

Decarbing might smell though...

Edited by Justanotherdude
Edit: ooh chocolate fudgie thing sounds like my next edible experiment sometime
  • Like 1

Would it be feasible to hold off until you have a little more product to work with?  Trim is only about 3-5% thc, so you won't get much reclaim back, don't expect too much is whjat I'm saying.

In terms of edibles, I find the easiest way is to make butter, I've done this a good few times now and it's pretty simple once you get down to it.  100% you will need to decarb your ganga first, this is absolute if you want it to work :) 

Essentially yeah you just boil your cannabutter mix for three hours, then strain and cool.  There are guides on here, or I can point you in the direction if there's any specific point you unsure of, ask away :) 

I made a batch of 16 brownies last night, I added 1g of oil, 80grams of canna butter and two big ass spoons of cannabis coconut oil.  They certainly worked lol :eat::scared:

• Like 3

I know it’s not a lot but I only intend on making a couple, I’ll get wife to tailor make summat so it only uses a lil butter but with all trim in, 

what’s the least amount a butter I can start with? 

an thanks guys I get it now an feel a bit more comfortable giving it a try, also the reason I wanna try with this amount a trim, so hopefully when I have a bit more I’ll have good idea of what to do, thanks again 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

easier still

Fcuking hell I can remember doing that as a teen with soap bar or squidgey black an butter on a spoon lol must have over done it as it tokk that thread to make me remember it lol

• Like 1

Try it with about 50g of butter.

i sometimes use salted butter or a mix of salted and non salted so it lasts a bit longer in the fridge.

haven't tried coconut butter yet, that's something I'd like to try :)

I do it on the hob in a saucepan with water, bubble for 3 hrs then strain and set aside,

once it's cooled quite a bit, I stick it in the fridge to solidify for a few hrs,

break the butter off the top an discard the smelly green water from the bottom.

i then remelt in a pan with clean water once more to purify further,

no need to strain this time, just pour into a container and allow to solidify again.

hey presto

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I’ve experimented with decarb vs non decarb first with various recipes and techniques. Side by side, non decarbed was stronger. 

This method is just herb and coconut oil in a slow cooker (med) for 6hrs stirring occasionally. Decarb is done in the oil at 120°C. 

• Like 2

I wouldnt put 10g in more than half a cup of butter (125g ish) 

Then I'd chuck it all in this recipe as soon as strained whilst still liquid. Really simple, works a treat when I've done it with 14g of trim. Makes about ten cookies.1 is enough for a good buzz. 2 and it's a hell of a ride.

hxxps://bakingmischief.com/no-chill-small-batch-chocolate-chip-cookies/

• Like 4