Tinnitus, PTSD - Sativa or Indica?

Bayleaf

I'm probably making a point that has already been made a thousand times on this forum and I apologise but maybe some of the newbies to dope here (solely for medical purposes) might find this reminder helpful.

I suffer from tinnitus and C-PTSD and I've smoked all my life. I don't think that weed helps with my complaints particularly but there is certainly a difference in my symptoms and my coping strategies when I change from Indica to sativa.

Sativa strains (although I love them), especially if taken a little early, are enough to drive me to being totally unbearable. Sleeping properly without terrors is a problem (even with my sedatives), I am anxious, my brain goes far too fast and I'm overbearing, completely argumentative and aggressive. Flashback attacks are more common and recovering from each one is very difficult.

Indica strains, especially when harvested late, allow me to relax and unwind and my sleep improves as a consequence. People can cope living with me and I feel much more like I imagine a 'normal' person must feel like. The attacks are less severe and I find coping and recovering from them easier and less distressful.

I must add that I haven't tried CBD products as I'm too busy trying to get stoned all the time, but if people think it might help I'm willing to give it a bash. My medical complaints basically have to fit in with my smoking life, not the other way around.

INDICA RULES!!

• Like 9

I've got bipolar disorder (and if I'm brutally honest I think also borderline personality disorder). I don't get on with 'up' smokes. I get anxious anyway and 'up' smokes just make me more anxious (I'm not gonna call it paranoia cos I've had a few bad manic episodes when I've had proper paranoia, it's just really bad anxiety). I wouldn't say that it's all about pure indica for me, it's more about high CBD (can have high THC as well, as long as it's got higher CBD). I like getting high from THC but I think I really do need the mellowing effects of high CBD to moderate it (I know it's more complicated than THC and CBD, but high CBD strains are mostly what I grow and smoke - Dinafem Cheese CBD is what I've grown for a few years now).

• Like 6

hey, i feel your frusrtation, buddy

just gotta try n keep all the shit out of focus...and look forward at what you want

peace, buddy

• Like 2

Right, I need to look for a strain that is Indica, high THC and also with high CBD. Any recommendations anyone?

• Like 1

@BayleafSweet Seeds Cream Caramel?

Pure indica, lovely smoke and has reasonable cbd content.

It definitely helps my missus with her chronic pain.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Greenls said:

@BayleafSweet Seeds Cream Caramel?

Pure indica, lovely smoke and has reasonable cbd content.

It definitely helps my missus with her chronic pain.

I was perusing their catalogue only yesterday. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Like 2

Hi Bayleaf

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I found some heavy indicas that helped me get to sleep, i will make a list of them below. The only things that truly helped me has been edibles and micro dosing psilocybin. Everyone is different but this is working for my PTSD and hyper vigilance. I'm not sure if there is a thread on here about PTSD, i will have a look.

Black D.O.G - Humboldt Seeds

Chocolate Mint OG - Humboldt Seeds

Black Russian - Delicious Seeds 

White Rhino - Greenhouse Seeds

BB

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Are you collecting mushrooms yourself and making an extract or do you eat a dry mushroom? How does it work?

+1 for psilocybin, 0.1g of dry cubensis (easy to grow) a few days a week along with lions mane tablets, evening primrose oil - as well as eating plenty oily fish etc. This, coupled with lens neurofeedback 'alpha stim' sessions, gives your brain the best chance of making changes IME. 

I would only consider high CBD or CBG cannabis personally. Despite it helping on the face of it, too much high THC weed can have negative impacts on sleep and anxiety levels, leading to a vicious circle of dependancy in some cases.  

Hope things improve for you.

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Hey buddy, I'm a fellow tinnitus "sufferer" + other conditions that have no cure..

nothing helps soothe my frustrations and allows me to fall asleep "naturally" more than Northern Lights

Peace, my friend, and remember you're not alone

• Like 1

I would try a pure indica with high thc and a seperate plant with high cbd and none or very little thc and then combine them when harvested. That way you can add more off one less of the other to suit yourself.

Toke...

• Like 4

Hey , Try different CBD/THC ratios

Get some very high CBD , minimal thc and mix it with normal strength weed ,
try different ratios 

Indica strains, especially when harvested late, allow me to relax and unwind and my sleep improves as a consequence. People can cope living with me and I feel much more like I imagine a 'normal' person must feel like. The attacks are less severe and I find coping and recovering from them easier and less distressful.

I need this :(

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 1

After reading some other threads I'm wondering if CBD might help me. Never considered it before, but it sounds like it gives a lot of people relief. I will try doing a plant myself, possibly Dinamed.

• Like 1

Sleeping in the same room as the G'robe, one would hear the rush of  air through the ducting and at nighttime with lights off, the noise would cancel out any bothersome tinnitus, being stoned the sound resembled being on a plane or spaceship which was a great joy to suddenly feel like one was on holiday or on a space cruise to the outer planets which surprisingly enough felt very relaxing.

• Like 1