Mum huntin' Flowering from seed and re-veging the cuts?

iBMe

So I'm soon going to be looking for an elusive badassmotherfucka pheno of Sensi Skunk I once smoked that blew my socks off, was possibly the best weed I ever smoked, hoping to find something close at least..

Anyway I have been reading a bit about flowering straight from seed and was wondering if anyone has done it and wether it has any adverse effects on the end product?

Plan would be to flower 8 from seed, and take cuttings to re-veg shortly before harvest.

Any problems you foresee doing it this way?

Also wondering if anyone has grown Sensi Skunk before and knows how consistent/uniform they are? It must be about a decade since I smoked it originally, think the seed stock would be much different now? Are Sensi seeds consistent over time?

Many thanks.

41 minutes ago, iBMe said:

Plan would be to flower 8 from seed, and take cuttings to re-veg shortly before harvest.

how will you know what one to keep unless you are taking cuttings from all of them?, and if you do that i would take cuts at the start and just control the plants until you find the one you want

Yeah I plan to take cuttings from all mate, my thinking is if I do just before harvest by the time they have rooted and re-vegged, the originals should be dry and cured a bit, then I can sample the smoke of each and see which I want to keep. If you get me?

My concern is that forcing them straight into flower could have a negative effect on the smoke, making the whole exercise pointless. Though thinking about it now, it shouldn't really matter when flowering is underway (right? :g:).

I would prefer to take cuttings at the end too so I don't have 16 plants for too long, and as going straight into flower, I believe re-veging will take a couple of weeks no matter how far through flowering they are, so I don't see much benefit of doing them earlier (apart from maybe having another chance later if I end up killing them lol).

hey mate, just my 2c worth on this.  Take your cuts at the start, if you can't hold that many back at once then do fewer plants so that you can.

Once you've engaged flower mode, you "should" be able to pull a plant back into veg - that's not a risk I'd chose to take in case I found an absolute banger :) 

I've put plants into flower as I've taken cuts, and the cuts failed sl I had to pull the plant back.  Now I'd never go into flower with anything I might wanna keep, it'll have a rooted clone before that happens. 

Only takes you a couple of weeks extra, and you can keep the clones real small and short until you've decided :yep:

Hope this helps mate, just my opinion on what I've done :)