Cheap XL screen dry sift run

Slippy One

@itsmeithink all of the non sift dust gets saved, there’s still some meds in there, either quality solvents or making butter/oil simmering in a larger volume of water to act as a carrier for what resin remains. (Hope that last sentence makes sense).  

• Like 4

that's great m8, thank you , do you leave it as is or press into ball ?

I have the ardent nova to decarb the flower and stuff left over , then use my sous vide to turn it into canna oil if that sounds right.

brilliant thread and looks dead easy :yep:       ( famous last words  ) 

• Like 2

Thanks @Slippy One . Great info. Gives me an excuse to ditch the tumbler and bubble bags; neither of which are easy to clean and I generally find both to be a massive pain in the harris. 

Return looks pretty good there too and I like the idea of edibles with the dust. 

• Like 1

@itsmeithinkyou can press it, my method isn't anywhere near full melt, so I find it easier to vape as a powder, and friends find it easier to sprinkle in their joints for a boost. Why press it, only to unpress it to smoke, keep tings simple. I just make hash like this to reduce volume and make better tasting & stonger capsules (stronger than slow cooker herb infusions that is - there's a potency point where you can get enough flower covered in oil/butter, and still give it an effective stirring), with sift hash, all of the useless plant bulk has been removed so you can triple the potency or more.. 

• Like 8

The sift decarbs in the oil.It's around 120 C for 2-3hrs.

1st hour: Co2 bubbles from what I think is the carbolic chain

large.5f189da4b7cd0_PNGimage5.png

After the 2nd hour: no bubbles left, carbolic chain removed from any THC-A

large.5f189da322825_PNGimage6.png

No more oven debarbs ever again, too inaccurate 

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Seeded said:

Thanks @Slippy One . Great info. Gives me an excuse to ditch the tumbler and bubble bags; neither of which are easy to clean and I generally find both to be a massive pain in the harris. 

Return looks pretty good there too and I like the idea of edibles with the dust. 

I think the tumbler would beat screens for yield and ease of use, but nothing beats sift for tasty edibles that don't give you boiled spinach burps. Remove the plant matter and you can only win on taste.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

The sift decarbs in the oil.It's around 120 C for 2-3hrs.

1st hour: Co2 bubbles from what I think is the carbolic chain

large.5f189da4b7cd0_PNGimage5.png

After the 2nd hour: no bubbles left, carbolic chain removed from any THC-A

large.5f189da322825_PNGimage6.png

No more oven debarbs ever again, too inaccurate 

is that for rso or canna oil ?

• Like 1

It's actually cocoa butter, 10x better delivery than coconut oil or butter. Read my thread on luxury cocoa butter canna capsules, there's a bit in there on why cocoa butter is so good, it's from a scientific friend.. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

It's actually cocoa butter, 10x better delivery than coconut oil or butter. Read my thread on luxury cocoa butter canna capsules, there's a bit in there on why cocoa butter is so good, it's from a scientific friend.. 

which forum pls m8 :yep:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Found it, neck 'em like smarties. 

Thank you very much , really appreciate you linking it up for me :yep:

• 4 months later...
On 22/06/2020 at 8:41 AM, Slippy One said:

Yep, aluminium screens for the win. I bought sizes 23" X 31" size 15T/W, plus a 23" X 31" 43T/W. Micron sizing is replaced by threads per inch, so 43T is 43 threads per inch. There's a conversion chart on these boards if you search. 

The company I used was called Screen Ink & Solvent Supplies Ltd.

£29 each with a few bob delivery. 

Thanks for posting this, I am about to buy some screens but I'm still a bit confused by the way thread spacing is specified and I don't want to buy the wrong ones.

It looks like there are two different ways of measuring them, US and UK? And I think the UK system must be metric and the US inches. So given that I think 43T in the UK is actually 43 threads per centimetre rather than per inch as you posted and is the equivalent to 110T per inch in the US? That makes sense to me because otherwise 15T would be very coarse if it was 15 threads per inch but 15 threads per centimetre is less than 1 thread every millimetre.

The maths works out too, 43 threads divided by 10 millimetres then multiplied by 25.4 to change to inches is 109.22 which is pretty close to 110 threads per inch.

• Like 1

Wait for me to turn up my post about this as I went through all the conversion stuff last year and it's a pita as there seems to be three different systems for sizes (at least). In the bath.... gimme half hour

Peace :bong:

• Like 1

mmmm sift! :in_love:  just wish I had something to rub over my screens lol  

Tidy and will do the job very nicely indeed :yep: 

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/411063-double-check-me-on-screen-sizes-please/#comment-5412513

Add the info in there and your info together and you might work it out.

I think I actually ended up with basically a 

190 micron / 32T

150 micron / 43T

110 micron / 62T

75 micron / 77T

45 micron / 120T

This could be wrong.... :mellow::fart:

Peace :smokin:

• Like 4