OGC 1800w round 2...

Leafneck

32 minutes ago, Leafneck said:

Buds looking good, but massive mould attack on 2 plants again.. 2nd run with ogc and only strain I've had this issue with.. Shame because its my favourite bud! 

Had to cut a few fist size buds out the room and save what I could.. I'll be in there tomorrow seeing the full extent of damage.. Dehumidifier on full blast while I flush them and fingers crossed I don't have much more :(

When you say mold do you mean like full on bud rot or powdery mildew pal. 

I'm currently battling pm. Doing ma head in just trying for a win with weeks to go. Keep saying to ma buddy I'd sooner have a pest issue. Gd luck man 

• Like 1

Well I first noticed when the sugar leaves on one bud was dry and crispy went to have a look and the bud just fell apart, so I started opening a. Few buds up with my hands and it was all rotting by the stem 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leafneck said:

Well I first noticed when the sugar leaves on one bud was dry and crispy went to have a look and the bud just fell apart, so I started opening a. Few buds up with my hands and it was all rotting by the stem 

Not gd at all m8 mold and mildew just seem to be everywhere at the mo. I'm wiping each leaf down once lights go out it's a major ball ache. I'll be pissed I'd I loose bud to it 

• Like 1

Seems the left hand side of the room, on my last ogc run it was the opposite side of the room.. I remember Loosing around 5oz last time once I cut the lot down. 

Hope this run ain't as bad. 

I'll keep you posted with some pics later, is 6 days flushing enough aswell? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leafneck said:

Seems the left hand side of the room, on my last ogc run it was the opposite side of the room..

Sounds like you haven't got enough circulation going on in there mate, try putting some inline fans on the floor one each side of your longer walls or something blowing the air around.

I find that air movement inside the space is just as critical as the extraction of air, the plants can create pockets between them and higher humidity between larger leaves.

• Like 4

I'll have a big defoliation tonight leave both osc fans on full blast oscolating 247 now and remove any mould.. See if that helps bro, 6 days flush and I'll harvest 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leafneck said:

I'll have a big defoliation tonight leave both osc fans on full blast oscolating 247 now and remove any mould.. See if that helps bro, 6 days flush and I'll harvest 

I'd agree with the airmovenent comment. As soon as I spotted the pm iv no1 defoliated like crazy and no 2 increased air movement in there. Iv got 2 rhino fans sat on the floor an oscillating fan in one corner ma intake in another ma dehumidifier moves air pretty gd that's under the canopy and iv added a 8 inch passive above the canopy plus the outake and I'm still fighting it. Honestly if you could come stand in the tent youd think how in the fuck is any mold or mildew settling in here it's like a wind tunnle. 

I feel your pain my m8 this mold just seems to be active everywhere at the moment. 

Edited by Xmgsneakyg
All that is ran 24 7 apart from my active intake it just drops temps to much dragging outside air in at night
  • Like 1

All finished, lost alot to mould while cutting but the buds that got hit with it was unreal dence lol was like dropping a boulder on the floor, could barely seperate the bud to check for mould you really had to use force so no surprise. Decided to give this strain one more run but try to keep humidity at around 60% or less as both runs of this ive lost ounces and ounces to mold. 

I'm going to guess at 32 oz from this pull, all being well that we throughly checked for mold while wet trimming which I'm certain we did, no lovely purples this time round and no amazing smelling phenos.. They all smell of that nice gassy strong smell so looking forward to some dry bud! 

large.IMG_20200918_175935_compress46.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_175931_compress75.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_175919_compress15.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_175914_compress44.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_171756_compress75.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_171749_compress2.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_110328_compress33.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_110331_compress87.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_110334_compress41.jpglarge.IMG_20200918_110326_compress81.jpg

• Like 4

:yep:

Try defoliating all the largest fan leaves next time buddy, the ones sticking out on stalks, just take them slowly from each plant during the first 3 weeks of flower that'll help with the humidity you got big plants there drinking loads of water and transpiring. I'll leave a few that aren't in the way or shading anything else but I'll remove the most from the "inside" of the plant and just try to open them up to let light and airflow in.

What you doing next buddy more OGC?

• Like 2

Another fan in going in and another fire extinguisher as I'm working away alot now. 

Yeah I think the humidity is the issue with this strain.. Its a killer smoke so going to see if I can get it on lock :) thanks for your help thru out exhale. And yes just started the diary for round 3

• Like 2