Cleaning Vape

dcl5im

Hi   I have been cleaning the glass mouthpiece and wire mesh parts from my Storm Vape for a while now, parts were cleaned in an isopropanol alcohol soloution,   I allowed the soloution to evaporate and was left with a sticky, oily, tar like substance.

My question is can this be  applied to a cig. paper and smoked?  safely, i understand iso.... is a skin irritant and is also flammable.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, dcl5im said:

Hi   I have been cleaning the glass mouthpiece and wire mesh parts from my Storm Vape for a while now, parts were cleaned in an isopropanol alcohol soloution,   I allowed the soloution to evaporate and was left with a sticky, oily, tar like substance.

My question is can this be  applied to a cig. paper and smoked?  safely, i understand iso.... is a skin irritant and is also flammable.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

stick it in a porcelain dish on top of a pan of boiling water and whip it with a pin to make sure all of the iso has definitely evaporated then crack on and smoke it.

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 2

It's also a great way to concentrate stuff like ABV or sugarleaf/fluffy bud, etc.  A search for QWISO will bring up the method.

large.5ed6a8637f0c6_QWISOset.jpg

Salutations,

5 hours ago, dcl5im said:

...I allowed the soloution to evaporate and was left with a sticky, oily, tar like substance.

If it looks like tar, smells like some and tastes like it then chances are that it is.  This vaguely reminds me of an experiment performed after accumulating ~6 months worth of spent bowls (or "ABV"):  search for the title "What can i do with 172 g of HerbalAire (deep-spent) ABV in 7 days?" on Google Images for details if necessary, it was repulsive at best anyway.

Honestly that's not a sort of reclaim worth the time IMO, since then i realized "baking" is to be avoided because it promotes such tar-like nuisance, while "reclaims" can still take place at a later time under a different form - but not to be inhaled once the accumulation of tar has been promoted.

Reclaims and tar seem highly incompatible, at least to me, that's why i find the reduction of a baking effect is imperative if tar-like features must disapear...  Which means the long slow/steady thermostatic Hot Dry Air Ovenizing scenarios associated to a vast majority of popular devices is to get excluded at priori, because such consumption method & ritual actually involves baking, in turn giving ABV the most undesirable tar hints (rendering it useless as far as i'm concerned)!  Alternatively, Pulse Heating reduces this baking effect and hence ABV with less tar-like contaminants can be mixed with cooking oil to transfer goodies into an infusion to be later filtered using a piece of cheese cloth.  The oil can be expected to be fully activated but strength will be inversely proportional to how deep the vaporist sessions were, so if it's been thoroughly depleted right in the bowl then in principle little shall be left to reclaim.  Except perhaps high-temperature cannabinoïds conveniently converted into bed-time cookies.

Nonetheless these days i just torch-clean my screen when clogged and i'm afraid it's been a while since i was able to get any cookie mix that is low-temp. enough for my application (othewise the noble molecules would be lost long before it's ready)...

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Hi   thanks for the feedback, i will just go with the advice of Cursed,  just keep it simple.

cheers guys.