Hey Arnold

oldtimer1

• 1 year later...

I reckon this one is worth pinning, it certainly helped me judge when to pot up on my first grow.

Many thanks OT1 for this and all the other excellent organic growing info you've put up on this site, my plants are healthier for it :rofl:

E2A: I've just realised it doesn't need pinning because it's linked to in Bish's pinned post :guitar:

Edited by net2-3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quality posts make a quality grow, I'm growing in soil and hydro just now, I've been doing hydro for years, but this is my first soil grow in 10 years.

Hi guys,

Great thread with some good info.

I'm currently just over 3 weeks from seed on an 18/6 cycle in 6.5ltr pots. The roots have already reached the bottom of the pot but I plan on vegging for at least another 3 weeks before I move them into there final 11ltr pots.

What sort of size pots should I be using at 4/5/6 weeks vegging? Should i stick with the 6.5ltr pots till im ready to flower or move them into the 11ltr pots much sooner than that?

Cheers.

Edited by stealthhawk

Hi guys,

I'm currently just over 3 weeks from seed on an 18/6 cycle in 6.5ltr pots. The roots have already reached the bottom of the pot but I plan on vegging for at least another 3 weeks before I move them into there final 11ltr pots.

What sort of size pots should I be using at 4/5/6 weeks vegging? Should i stick with the 6.5ltr pots till im ready to flower or move them into the 11ltr pots much sooner than that?

Cheers.

Many of us, including, I believe, Oldtimer1 use 6.5 Litre square pots for flowering.

But whatever size you use, essentially the choice is yours.

I use the 6.5 litre squares because they suit my environment perfectly, I have a small grow space, and they help maximise its potential. TBH, I haven't often seen a grow with a need for anything bigger, but its (pot size) all down to the individual grower in the end.

• Like 2

Hi Arnold

If you are using 6.5L pots in flowering, how tall are the plants, or how many nodes do they have when you go 12/12, whats the final average height of the plant?

Thanks

Edited by TheDamMan
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Cheers.

Many of us, including, I believe, Oldtimer1 use 6.5 Litre square pots for flowering.

But whatever size you use, essentially the choice is yours.

I use the 6.5 litre squares because they suit my environment perfectly, I have a small grow space, and they help maximise its potential. TBH, I haven't often seen a grow with a need for anything bigger, but its (pot size) all down to the individual grower in the end.

Interesting point Arnold. Does anyone else share this view of 6.5l pots all the way through flowering they do seem a little small for that.

I have a very low height restriction, 4ft infact and this is why I do a ScrOG and use cooltubes but I use 11ltr pots. All my previous grows have had good root balls in the 11ltr pots but none have ever had roots all around the ball to the point where most would call them root bound. Surely in 6.5ltr pots by the end of flowering they will be root bound?

What size pot do you like to flower in?

SH

Check out my diaries, they all show grows done in 6.5 litres. Yields can get to 2.5, given the right strain.

The trick is to pot up into 6.5 about 10 days before going 12/12. This allows the root development to end just about when the optimum root mass is reached. My plants are not pot bound, but they do have substantial root-balls by the time they flower and reach harvest.

Have a read of oldtimer's thread - a revelation and a master-class in how to flower in 6.5L pots ;) Here it is.... Oldtimer's cuts

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Excellent post for anyone confused with re-potting and pot sizes, keep up the good work people especially you ot1. :smokin:

• 2 years later...

WIsh i read this a week ago man. Think i potted up a tad early.

Now it has been over a week since last water and still feels heavy.

:shock: