Best Tincture Production Method ?

BazilEd

I've seen 3 methods for producing tincture -

Cold, done in freezer.

Warm, done at room temperature 

Hot, done on the stove.

Anyone know if there is a preferred method or do they amount to the same ? Any help appreciated. 

depends how you want to extract.  Glycerin won’t get you a very strong tincture. However you do it.  Do a search  for QWET - extraction into very strong alcohol for the best biggest bang for buck. Grasscity - another tincture thread has reams of info. 

• Like 2

Well I have a couple of bottles of Everclear, so intended to use that. I did look up some recipes but couldn't quite get my head around (according to the recipe) it taking less time in the freezer than at room temperature. 

Oddly enough I also have some food grade glycerin knocking about that I was going to make children's bubble mix out of. So could have a go at both.

Edited by BazilEd
  • Like 1

I put all my ABV (substitute for decarbed if you don't vape), just cover it in 90% spyritus stuff, leave a few days, seive then strain. 

Blows my fucking head off. 

• Like 1

I do frozen extraction using 95% vodka.  Don’t trust the residue nasties in iso...I wash 50g batches with 1l of spiritus vodka twice and get about 15-20% return.  Then boil off the alcohol for next time and leave in solution, eg. 20g in 400mls alcohol solution.  3mls in my morning coffee and I’m set for the day.  I overdid it early on and now treat it with mucho respect. lol  :thumsup:

• Like 2