PlayStation Classic Who's got one ?

Al Swearengen

I bought a PlayStation Classic over Christmas as the Mods and Hacks are out for it are pretty cool for retro Gamers. 

Im going to finally open the Box and have a play around with it over the next few days . Has anyone got one , playing one or modded one ? If so I'd like to hear about how your getting on . 

I also have an audio question that's a bit of a long shot , but here goes. My TV has a dvi and phono/RCA  input but not HDMI. Yes it's an old old  LCD Samsung TV . I'm going to get a HDMI Audio splitter so I can  feed the outputs from that to my DVI Television Input along with the audio phono / RCA input . Hopefully this works but I don't suppose anyone is using a HDMI audio splitter with any of their HDMI devices?  I want to know how they are getting on . I read that HDMI splitter may not work with the PlayStation Classic. 

This is probably better question for some Retro Gamer Forum but worth a shot her.

Thanks,

Al :yinyang::lucky::cat:

• Like 1

Exhale man , how are you . There's plenty of mods out there . They have Builds containing shit loads of retro games for every old system up to the PS1. 

I see a lot of people mention disk image , what does that mean?  , its all over my head to be honest. But I love old games so I'm going to give it a shot . 

There are 128gb packs that you can download the torrents for. My download speed is terrible so there's no chance in me downloading a torrent of that size unfortunately.

Heres a look at one of the Builds by Magnus RC , pretty cool

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Al Swearengen said:

I see a lot of people mention disk image , what does that mean?  , its all over my head to be honest. But I love old games so I'm going to give it a shot . 

.ISO files basically mate they're a "copy" of the data as it is on the game disc, you can then load them in emulators. :yep:

I'm well thanks dude how are you holding up? I was thinking about free gratis the other day and started pissing myself laughing in my own way.

Thanks for the video link I'll check it out after dinner!

• Like 2

Thanks for explaining that to me Man , makes sense now.

Were doing good too Man , thanks . I'm very thankful and greatful for all I have , more so now than ever. The whole experience is very humbling.

"Free Gratis" what a great little scene, thanks for reminding me , Hahaha, I just went and watched it there 

Enjoy your dinner, what you having ? 

Edited by Al Swearengen
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Al Swearengen said:

Enjoy your dinner, what you having ? 

Mr. Wu was running a special on Pork Belly. :yep:

• Like 1

@Al Swearengen thanks for sharing that link I'm going to order one of those playstation classics and have a look at that modding.

Hope there's a working version of Driver for the playstation, it was such a hard game but when you got through the missions it was so good.

Listen to this guy rage lol I was looking for clips of driver and this guy has had me in stitches! Perfectly describes how hard it is this is the first level - you can't go any further in the game unless you pass each level once you got the hang of Driver though you quickly gained legend status among your mates "let me copy your save file bruv I'll bring my memory card round and some Moroccan" 20 years and more back lmao.

• Like 1

I try out a few here and there @Degsy one of my mates put a lot of work into an open source project and knows his way around a lot of the old architecture. 

Some of them are quite limited but the stuff they get working is great to revisit.

• Like 1

That chap is fuckin Gas , the moaning out of him, but he's right though I remember that tutorial, fuckin nightmare department. Haha

Some game it was man , fuckin excellent when it gets going. The Building blocks to GTA Liberty City  on PS2 in a sense. 

Im not sure driver is on it but I  ordered a 128gb USB drive that has loads of Playstion 1 Games on it and a rake of old console and arcade titles included , it's just plug and play , no need to Mod. It's coming from China and probably won't get here until June if it arrives at all. I will be going full hazmat suit when that parcel arrives , Athough I do that anyway If I ever went to the shop in recent days/weeks 

Heres the one I went for it was €17.50 , so worth a punt . 

Edited by Al Swearengen
  • Like 1

You can also get plug and play USB drives that have PlayStation 1 games preloaded from Amazon . There called true blu minis and they have a few different ones that contain different catalogs of PlayStation games . They don't contain the retro games unfortunately. 

• Like 1

PlayStation 1 and a big Chunk of Rocky , them were some days mate  , we must be of a similar age :lucky::yinyang:

40 this Year :cat:

• Like 1

Nice one Al I'll have a look see if I can't put my own library together I have a collection of roms and iso's it all depends on what's compatible with the emulation software.

50 in august mate, I did some time so was deprived a bit of them things so when I was out I caught up like a hooker on crack the 90s were fucking great for console gaming coming down from a friday night on a saturday morning ps1 blaring or fucking kids cartoons, copious amounts of hash. I think there was loads of us working shit jobs at the time so all we had was the party and the come down we maximised both and when the playstation came along with expansive games like FF7 we were hooked on that more than the drugs lmao. Good times.

I remember pong built into a glass table as my first experience of games in about 1975 it was the year before I discovered football anyway!

• Like 2