I have 1g of FECO in a tin and don't know what to do with it.

JonUK

I have fibro pain and found a guy selling oil and I got a sample on 1g of FECO. If I combine this with 9mls of avocado oil or some other oil whilst warming them up. Is this a good starting point for 1g in 9mls or would it be more sensible of me doing it in 19mls of oil? Searched the net for this answer. I don't know how strong the oil is but I want to take it in drops to get a kind of correct dosage. I am a seasoned smoker of many years and not new to cannabis but am new to the oil. 

Edited by JonUK

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2020 at 9:46 PM, JonUK said:

I have fibro pain and found a guy selling oil and I got a sample on 1g of FECO. If I combine this with 9mls of avocado oil or some other oil whilst warming them up. Is this a good starting point for 1g in 9mls or would it be more sensible of me doing it in 19mls of oil? Searched the net for this answer. I don't know how strong the oil is but I want to take it in drops to get a kind of correct dosage. I am a seasoned smoker of many years and not new to cannabis but am new to the oil. 

Assuming the 1g of feco is good quality I find 9:1 oil:feco in size 0 capsules is perfect for an average toker trying the ingestion method and 19:1 is good for the inexperienced. 9:1 in size 0 caps is equivalent to approx 40mg (I think). I use a combo of olive oil and coconut oil (the type that is solid at room temp) but any oil will work. Coconut oil is best as it solidifies in the capsule so no leakage when stored.

i tried and tried with tinctures and drops but too much of a ball ache, tastes rank and too inconsistent on dosing.

caps on the other hand are amazingly consistent but be warned they can take up to 2 hours before you feel the effects.

oh and make sure the feco is decarboxylated or you’ll be sorely disappointed. You can do it before or after adding your chosen oil