VPN Advice

dingo bingo

Evening everyone, I'd like to use a VPN to access this site and other cannabis related stuff and also to use for torrents too ideally. A friend has recommended Nord VPN but more out of that's what he's tried and it's been OK rather than trying and comparing different providers. What VPN's are people here using? And any other general VPN advice?

Cheers, DB.

Edited by dingo bingo
  • Like 1

I use Brave browser for surfing the web, its free and has TOR built in. Heard TorGuard is good for torrent downloads, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost are also alright.

• Like 1

PIA VPN for me. So far so good. It does cost, I think about £7 a month. But better safe than sorry. Doesn't slow down connection speed and would rather have the peace of mind when posting here.

• Like 1

Nord have been known to give information to the authorities though . 

That's why I switched to a different one. 

Worth doing some research 

2p for TOR, The whole TOR, and nothing but TOR :)

vpn services are static, and provide a single point to gather information from either by corps/agencies or hackers. To perhaps over simplify you are paying a gang to keep your secrets.

I use Epic browser   ... its Chrome with built in privacy .. including a built in vpn   ... for a few countries.

I found tor to be really slow to connect, but I have a better line now so i'm giving it another go ...

Pretty sure VPN's are a load of shite. Your shit is still there to be found if someone wants to. I can't imagine there's much to genuinely worry about anyway, we is all small fry. 

Can't imagine they have the staff to police 85k + members posting pictures of some plants. I get people need piece of mind but the site does well enough to strip pic data etc.

Torrents is a different story tho, there's money to be squeezed out of people being caught on that front

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

Pretty sure VPN's are a load of shite. Your shit is still there to be found if someone wants to. I can't imagine there's much to genuinely worry about anyway, we is all small fry. 

They are no where near as secure as many seem to believe, youre just passing the can. Your ISP cant see your activities but some other anonymous cunt can and you have no idea who it is or how its done

If youre paranoid you can access this site through TOR which is open source and time served best of all its free

Times have changed and no one really cares about cultivation anymore

• Like 7

1 hour ago, FatBoy77 said:

Pretty sure VPN's are a load of shite.

Probably better off with one that without, but they certainly don't make you anonymous.

You still have a digital fingerprint.

I use a VPN but Google track me across this site, (I know this because I post links in the 'What have you been listening to' thread). Many sites have Google plugins which the end user doesn't even know about. Despite the commonly-used phrase, Google is actually not your friend.

VPNs make it more difficult for authorities to identify you as an individual but they can still do it. My thinking is that they'll go for the easiest targets when they have torrent crackdowns etc. So get yourself out of that low-hanging fruit category.

I believe Tor is probably the safest bet for anonymity.

I'd even consider a dedicated device just for particular sites if I could afford it. ie. a phone or tablet used solely for torrenting

• Like 5

• 1 month later...