Decarb Before Vaping ?

BazilEd

I thought I knew the answer to this question, but having read differing articles recently, I thought I'd ask the real experts.

What merit, if at all, is there in decarbing weed for vaping ?

Contentious question ?

Edited by BazilEd
  • Like 1

Does the cannabis not decarb as it vapourises like it does when you smoke it ?? I vape undecarboxilated buds and it gets me very smashed !

• Like 4

That's what I thought and frankly as a vaping newbie as I intended, however Ive read recently that vaping decarbed weed has it's benefits.

Confused from East Anglia.

• Like 1

just break a bit of bud off, insert into vape, and enjoy, no need to de-carb = vaped bud is then de-carbed depending on the temp you vape at and can be re-used for extraction purpose's.

Edited by brainwashedsheeple
sp

No decarb before vaping needed, the heat does it as you're rippin it.. like luna hinted at

I imagine it'd make delicious buds taste like arse...I wouldn't try it

• Like 4

Hummm...

1 hour ago, BazilEd said:

...I thought I'd ask the real experts.

Too bad this question is reserved for the elites, not to mention i'm limited to pulse heating scenarios anyway...

:sorry:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Egzoset said:

Hummm...

Too bad this question is reserved for the elites, not to mention i'm limited to pulse heating scenarios anyway...

:sorry:

I think you knew what he meant egzoset ;)

• Like 1

Whilst declining the title 'elite', I'd agree with above posters - there's no benefit to pre-vape decarbing. 

Even a minimum vape temp of say, 160°C will be some 60° above that required for decarbing.  More standard vape temps would be around 180° - 200°C.

Just while we're on the topic of decarbing - I did recently decarb some trim prior to QWISO'ing it on the basis that when it inevitably gets stuck to my fingers, I can lick it off and still get the benefits :)

:yinyang:

5 hours ago, Egzoset said:

Egzoset with a capital "E".

:schmoll:

On 28/02/2020 at 10:22 PM, BazilEd said:

That's what I thought and frankly as a vaping newbie as I intended, however Ive read recently that vaping decarbed weed has it's benefits.

I've never heard of this but what are the benefits you've read? I'm intrigued. 

I think what you read is referring to weed infused e-juice for vaping in an e-cig style vape, the weed has to be decarbed first before its used in the recipe for making the e-juice.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 01/03/2020 at 8:00 PM, stoned_ape said:

:schmoll:

I've never heard of this but what are the benefits you've read? I'm intrigued. 

I’ve come on to this a few years after initial post. Here’s my tuppence worth. I’ve done both. Not decarbbing taste is amazing and I get high as fuck. Decarbbing and taste is ruined, I get higher. 

• Like 1