A look at drugs testing...?

j0eperry

Hey all...I'm rolling back into the forum again after a hiatus and moving back to the UK. Now I'm in full time employment again I'm being subjected to drugs testing. So I need to take a proper look at real world analysis. So far my smoking and self testing history are below, but I may need some help understanding further details. It goes without saying that this applies to me,.my body, my habits and may not work for you....

So, been slowly working through 3 ounces from April 19 to January 20, smoking 3 jays or more daily, but only consuming .7-1.5g.

Due to testing requirements I knocked it on the head to a certain extent. Now, as much as I would love to get caned like I spent the above time I no longer can, but man I miss a bit of that flavour. As such since end of Jan I have done this....

Stopped Jan 29th
Smoked Feb 7th - couple of 3 hits
Smoked 15th - 2 lightly done single skins
Smoked 16th - 1 lightly coated single skin
Friday 21st - Tested Positive
Smoked 21st - Couple of light hits on cig
Thursday 27th - Tested Negative
Thursday 27th - Smoked very light single skin (.1g)

I'm now waiting until Sunday to see if that triggers a positive on 50ng/ml test. Now this is the part that interests me. I understand no one can apply my own physiology to the equation but we may be able to do some fag packet maths on this....

If I consume 100mg of cannabis that has 15% thc via a joint then X thc gets lost due to combustion and Y thc gets ingested. Of the Y thc ingested we may assume 65% is lost in feces and the rest in UA. Some is carried in plasma, some stored in fat....so how many Ng/ml does my urine contain. This will be hard to follow, but nonetheless if anyone has further insights into how much actually works its way into a pillocks testing cup, I'd love to hear from you...

Otherwise, sit back and have a bifta for me!

It's good to be back....

J

Welcome back.  My advice - get yourself another job and stop working for these Nazis.  Why companies think they have the right to dictate what you do in your personal time is beyond me.  You clearly like weed so why let anyone stop you from being you?  Just my 2p.  I'm subjected to testing at work but only if they suspect I'm off my face - sounds a little more reasonable I suppose.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JJJ said:

Welcome back.  My advice - get yourself another job and stop working for these Nazis.  Why companies think they have the right to dictate what you do in your personal time is beyond me.  You clearly like weed so why let anyone stop you from being you?  Just my 2p.  I'm subjected to testing at work but only if they suspect I'm off my face - sounds a little more reasonable I suppose.

Unfortunately I'm self employed and it's the condition of many of the contractors I work for. Some test more than others but yeah, without a change of industries and a significant pay cut I'm not heading out of this role anytime soon. I also don't intend to give full time abstinence a go either. Just need to work out my balance point. For example, if I had a toot tonight could I be clean after a couple of coffees, red bulls and three pisses by 10am on a Monday morning....to be determined. I'll end up with a contractor who cares less on a couple of months so not forever.

But yea, they are c#!*s

• Like 2

After a 'flavoured cigarette' on Thursday and a couple of hits on Friday I managed to clear a test this morning after 3 very strong coffees, a red bull and a small glass of diet coke on I think my 4th leak at about 9am (I usually get up around 5). I intend to have a single skin on Friday again and see if I can cheat a test on Sunday morning.....updates next week!

On 28/02/2020 at 7:02 PM, j0eperry said:

For example, if I had a toot tonight could I be clean after a couple of coffees, red bulls and three pisses by 10am

I don’t think so because it gets stored in your fat i think for slow release 

16 hours ago, twigs said:

I don’t think so because it gets stored in your fat i think for slow release 

Although true I think it's to do with dilution of the content released from fat into waste material. In theory dilution can work as long as it doesn't flag as such on a test. I'm also considering the same with CBD products with a low thc content although over time this would still build up and be stored in fat tissue.

I’ve always gone with the theory (in my head) that the munches are a natural fail safe for cannabis consumption

maybe increasing sugar and fats before the test would dilute the %? 

I don’t know, would love to know..

Ive always recommended/done this (alcohol, sugar, fats in your mouth) route in case of mouth samples..

don’t know if it works though never been tested..

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2020 at 6:34 PM, JJJ said:

This. What they are asking is unethical. Draw the line. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Leave your Job although that's a hard one of your already self employed

Your on to a loser immediately been a smoker over piss pot or sniff head and nobody cares at all sadly

I saw brilliant engineers of 40 years plus settled well into companies sacked at a finger click for needing a plaster and been forced to pee. 

It totally and utterly destroyed my engineering career as i worked for some of the biggest globally on high end stuff... Well career altogether as its the same most places now so i had to give it up. 

Its hilarious though as i was surrounded by idiots abusing rules I did not who got away with it day in day out been drinkers or whatever. 

Glory Glory Royal Britania.... be self employed or most likely face a life of alienation as a professional because lets face it, if your not a functioning alcoholic your scum arent you

As you can tell i a very very bitter about it as weve been poor and skint ever since as our business attempts are not taking off 

You could also look at a synthetic roger and Urine lol

All the power to your if you can pull it off bud

Edited by sterling-archer