Flight Sim 2020

Evelyn Pickaxe

Looks great.  I remember being into Flight Sim (2000 I think).  Mates and I used to repeatedly fly jets into famous landmarks for fun, one of which was the World Trade Centre.  A bit freaky when we switched on the TV one day and it had actually happened.

Edited by JJJ
  • Like 1

Hi, quite like IL2 Sturmovik 1946, not played the mods for it, but there are some that look interesting. Also played a lot of Elite Dangerous, the space sim. Had the two originals back in the day Elite and then E2 Frontier ooohhhh nostalgia. 

Hey Vince why would you want one that's broken down waiting for a tow it's got it hazards on, makes you think that with all the technology and being hundreds of thousands of years more advanced than we are. Aliens seem to crash into earth quite a lot, :) . 

9 hours ago, JJJ said:

Mates and I used to repeatedly fly jets into famous landmarks for fun, one of which was the World Trade Centre.  A bit freaky when we switched on the TV one day and it had actually happened.

Used to do this too back in the very early versions in the 80s. I wonder if the terrorists were inspired by ms flightsim?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, monkeypig said:

I wonder if the terrorists were inspired by ms flightsim?

Apparently they were (well, there were reports of terrorists training with this software).  We all obviously thought it but never thought it would actually happen.  

Edited by JJJ
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 22/02/2020 at 8:22 PM, Evelyn Pickaxe said:

Been looking at this for a while. Any you lot into flight sims?

Released on 18th August - pre-ordered... I can't wait :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Excited now!!!

few things that can fuck off though/need to be understood more. I dont like change. 

1 .game as a service  (I dont see flight sim as a game) (try it and then invite a "gamer round" they will hang themselves.)

2. streaming the scenery - means ur net has to behave 

You on steam wanna do a shared cockpit? oohhhh errrr

On 14/07/2020 at 4:55 PM, ESG said:

Released on 18th August - pre-ordered... I can't wait :yahoo:

Why pre-order it ?

It's day one on gamepass :yep:

54 minutes ago, McHazy said:

Why pre-order it ?

It's day one on gamepass :yep:

Because I've gone for the premium deluxe edition (gamepass is just the standard I beleive)

I hardly ever pre-order games but I am a bit of an FS nerd and have been looking forward to this release for the last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evelyn Pickaxe said:

Excited now!!!

few things that can fuck off though/need to be understood more. I dont like change. 

1 .game as a service  (I dont see flight sim as a game) (try it and then invite a "gamer round" they will hang themselves.)

2. streaming the scenery - means ur net has to behave 

You on steam wanna do a shared cockpit? oohhhh errrr

FS2020 will take around 150GB on your hard drive, and you will be able to play it off line without streaming (you can even buy a hard copy, but it comes on 10 discs)

To get the best scenery however, you can stream data taking advantage of the 2PB of scenery data from Azure (the streaming does not require a subscription of any kind)

So the streaming is optional, but to get the best graphics and scenery, that's the way to go. Also,  I would imagine that the streaming will be scaled in some way, to match the capabilities of your internet connection.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still not tried it myself yet tho seein the reviews am nae sure my rig will handle it at fuckin minimum lol

Fuck it ck3 stealing my spare time now much to mrs mchazys displeasure 

• Like 1