old cheap led tv for gaming on?

Bustin Jieber

i have a decent phillips hd 23 inch monitor, its ok but i cant see the bad guys right in COD blackout (much fun) budget is weary so has to be cheapish, what would be a good large screen tv to play games on? on a budget second hand.....

plenty of decent 1080p large screen tvs without smart capabilities ..in fact they a good buy compared to the spy tvs produced now ..

fleabay deals a plenty on large screen tvs ..no one wants the older ones without built in netflix ..should be able to pick up 50inch screens for about 170 ..if not less .

quick search and i found samsungs 5oinchers for 150 online ..

• Like 2

Have you tried adjusting the settings in game?

The screen from one to another shouldn't be much different, well not if your getting one on a budget. 

A lot of people get confused about screens, truth is that once you go past the realm of 1080 even sitting close to a monitor you wont see a clearer screen. It's more about what Hz your screen is running at. A lot of TV screens will be really low, and this is what can cause poor quality picture when you use them for gaming. Trouble is to go above 120 Hz is quite costly. If I were you I'd go for a second hand purpose made gaming monitor, one above 120 Hz if possible. And forget 4K gaming, its a myth lol 

Is Blackout any good? We're still waiting for The Division 2 episode 3 to be released in GV household. :crybaby:

• Like 2

As @GreenVision stated, try calibrating your tv, go to the consoles video settings and it'll tell you what settings to adjust to, sometimes there's something enabled on the tv that is adjusting the picture from the console and causing issues.

Always let your inputs dictate the image quality so if you have things on your tv settings like noise reduction, mpeg noise reduction, dot noise reduction, any kind of image enhancement disable it.

I still use my Sony W7 with the PS4 Pro. The 12 bit panels they did before 4K in 2014 were the dogs danglies, best 500 I've ever spent on a TV if you can find one of those second hand you'd have yourself a hell of a TV they stand up to 4K at close range viewing with the colour depth.

I watched a few episodes of Black Sails again recently on it which is lit and shot beautifully the missus came in, ignores the tits on tv and said is that a new tv AGAIN?! (I've got so many she had forgot about this little cracker).

• Like 1

I would stick to a proper monitor if you want to be competitive - main reason although Tv's look great, the performance will be sluggish. you will be capped at 60hz max and the response time will be high.

This really only applies for non console activities.

If on a PC, nowadays 144hz is the happy medium with response times at about 1ms, you will have much greater ability to calibrate the image on a good monitor also and programs like reshade can help if you need to pull out more detail.

• Like 3