Filtered butane for torch lighters?

SYZYGY

No matter how much I bleed and clean the jets of my torch lighters, they always fail intermittently (usually when I'm out without a back-up). I've read that filtered butane makes the difference, can anyone confirm?

Nothing more frustrating than the lighter cutting out when you really need that Dynavap hit.

Salutations,

3 hours ago, SYZYGY said:

I've read that filtered butane makes the difference...  ...when you really need that Dynavap hit.

Filtered butane only makes sense as a basic pre-requirement, especially when systematically abused lighters must compensate for a design where Energy Budget considerations always seemed optional.

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Yes it's true, the impurities in bad butane will build up and block the jets over time 

I find it's best to purge the factory gas and fill with quality butane like Newport Zero or any of the brand's they bottle that carries their Near Zero Impurities label 

• Like 1

Salutations Hippie on hill,

11 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

...the impurities in bad butane will build up and block the jets over time

This reminds me of my 1st Vector KGM Apollo after it started to produce fireballs kind of early, which was real bad advertisement when such incident repeated in store while the clerk himself checked it right in front of other consumers...  My bet is that many expensive units get seriously compromized that way, while a device's specific conception may also contribute to premature failures.

11 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

I find it's best to purge the factory gas...

Indeed, the smell alone usually tells me that was no luxury!

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

• 1 year later...
On 13/02/2020 at 9:47 AM, SYZYGY said:

No matter how much I bleed and clean the jets of my torch lighters, they always fail intermittently (usually when I'm out without a back-up). I've read that filtered butane makes the difference, can anyone confirm?

Nothing more frustrating than the lighter cutting out when you really need that Dynavap hit.

Also maybe the heat it being reflected into lighter I have a cyclone with 3 jets of these but when I'm using the lotus the lighter gets too hot to handle before the vape is over. maybe I need two of them at once