Do you smoke your sugar leaves?

I was with a mate who grows and dry trims, and I asked how he could be arsed to trim dry..  He said he doesn't...  just grinds it all up and smokes that shit, or makes edibles with it, so it doesn't matter.

Who here does that? I remember as a kid we sometimes would get weed where it had clearly not been trimmed well, and we thought nothing of it and just ground it up like the rest of the bud.

Thoughts?

Not massively clear what you're asking mate. 

Are you asking if people remove the leaves before smoking the bud? Or using sugar leaves to smoke in joints? 

Obviously there will be a portion of the sugar leaves left, you can't get them all. If someone has done a real shit job of trimming and the leaves aren't covered in trichomes then I would snip them off as leaves taste like arse.

Nobody smokes trimmed leaves - the would be used for concentrates/hash/edibles.  

Sorry, let me clarify. He says he never wet trims because he thinks you lose flavour. So he just removes all leaves apart from the sugar leaves, and then dries the plant. Then either grinds it up to smoke, bud and leaves (no trimming at all done), or just uses it for edibles.

I wouldn't smoke the sugar leaves, too harsh but they vape just fine diddly fine. 

I don't trim the sugar leaves any more, just pick off dull ones when I'm filling the grinder. 

No, I'm not talking about your favourite dating app either. :rofl:

Geddit, coz grinder, ya know... Double meaning.... Suggesting closet homo too also funny, if a little homophobic too, for which a apologise, sir, just a little humour to lighten the day. 

All respect peace and love. 

Thanky doodles

Edited by Ned Flanders
  • Like 4

High quality buds will have high quality trim. I trim wet but never throw out anytihng with a trichome on it. When I'm out of bud I'll smoke it no problem. Good quality trim actually sells for around 1/3 the price of the buds. Not that I sell it mind ,but I've bought trim a few times when money was tight.

Depends,If I'm totally flush I make bubble hash or BHO out of the sugar leaves,if not I've been known to smoke them.As mentioned before,if it's high quality bud the sugar leaves follow suite,but for my money @splifi wins the intaweb today,my beer soaked keyboard hates you

26 minutes ago, splifi said:

When i run out, i would smoke the dog if it stayed still long enough.

lollollol

Gumbo.

• Like 2

I trim dry, than usually put that dry trim into the freezer until I'm ready to run some bubble. When I've washed that trim for 3 washes of bubble , I take that now wet ,washed trim and infuse with Coconut Oil.

Im making dry sift next time I empty the freezer. 

Good luck :yinyang:

On 20/01/2020 at 9:13 PM, Al Swearengen said:

I trim dry, than usually put that dry trim into the freezer until I'm ready to run some bubble. When I've washed that trim for 3 washes of bubble , I take that now wet ,washed trim and infuse with Coconut Oil.

Im making dry sift next time I empty the freezer. 

Good luck :yinyang:

Same but I only do a single run of qwiso then throw the rest in coconut oil.

• 4 months later...

I just take the leaves with stalks off and dry/cure the rest, I vape. I also keep the smaller fans with stalks for the trichs and put it in the trim pile for hash or iso/whatever.

Strains these days so much resin you loose more trichs cutting it off so best to leave it.