How to store trim until ready to use?

Cafeowner

So I’m trimming Boxing Day but then won’t be using my trim for butter until a few days later, how do I store it until I’m ready to use it?

• Like 1

let it dry in a box lined with grease proof paper and pop it in the grow space to deal with the smell. That's how I keep mine for a few weeks after each harvest.

• Like 5

usually do 3 lots of bubblehash with mine over a couple of months, put the dried trim in sweet or biscuit tins till i'm ready to use it

• Like 2

if you feeze it fresh you will get different solid to drying it out..

ive always found solid from fresher stuff easier to work with - higher moisture - and cleaner - less broken dried leaf matter

but solid from dried out leaves is a bit more pokie, its decarboxylated, whilst drying, and that's a good thing.

of course solid from fresh will decarb' too, you just have to sit on it for a few weeks for that to happen.. and im not very good at doing that!

@Nervous yes i do ..see above

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 3

their is no right and wrong way to do it, which is why is so great :) 

ive got stuff in the freezer and in cupboards and generally do it all ways lol  

if you want big bang, decarb it in the oven before any blending with fat, sugar or alcohol

froozen trim/buds release trichomes easier because they are brittle, you get more taste and smell with fresh, but dry bagged stuff is strong and wonderfully hashy 

all way work! 

• Like 2

I normally only cook with my trim, I dry in shoeboxes and store in coffee-mate tins, The only reason I dry not freeze is someone on here told me cooking with frozen has a stronger unpleasant taste, Can anyone confirm this or have I been wasting my time drying  tia

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

its decarboxylated, whilst drying, and that's a good thing.

Care to explain that statement a little further please....decarb is achieved by heat, not time?

2 hours ago, Nervous said:

Nobody uses fresh frozen trim? 

i did for bubble hash but now freeze my dried bud prior to making oil

Edited by joba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimboo said:

I normally only cook with my trim, I dry in shoeboxes and store in coffee-mate tins, The only reason I dry not freeze is someone on here told me cooking with frozen has a stronger unpleasant taste, Can anyone confirm this or have I been wasting my time drying  tia

i dry and freeze when making oil

if bubble than freezing fresh is the wasy to go as the resin glands fall off easier

37 minutes ago, unity said:

Care to explain that statement a little further please....decarb is achieved by heat, not time?

No time is a factor also..

put newly dried weed in a glass jar for a minimum of 6 weeks, burping it every few days and the same loss of a carbon atom (not sure of the chem behind it sorry)  will happen as does through heating it up..

the vernacular used on this site for this is curing..

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 5

I'd really like to dig out the chart I had a while ago: basically tells you at what temperatures and for how long to get higher concentrations of some cannabinoids (in their active forms) and not others. Design the high essentially. 

Edited by Nervous