Does Doing Good Things Negate The Bad Things You've Done ?

Boojum

If someone killed one of your loved ones or something bad and you found out who 20 years later. would it matter if they were an arsehole or a do-gooder? :unsure:

whatever the answer to that would be your ansewer I would think. don't look too much into it. If you are doing good now that's no doubt better than continuing doing whatever you were feeling guilty about. ;)

17 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Spot on man. I stole from my mum's handbag when my parents spit up and I went to live with my mum. When my mum fucked off and I went to live with my dad I stole from him. I stole money to buy booze. That was shit, and I can't ever take that back.

But I'm not a bad person, I wouldn't steal off anyone else, just the fuckers that I felt messed my head up lol

oh ffs thats fuck all. you haven't done nothing bad not really.

• Like 2

i got a problem with karma ..

ere comes the stoned thought of the evening ..

what if you as you say did bad things ..but the butterfly effect from those caused great things ..the scales of good v evil outweighed over the length of time ..maybe not in your lifetime ..

maybe the words you have typed in anger at someone here whilst slightly under the representation of a apple based alcoholic beverage have later resonated and that person then changes tact or does something remembering those words and what if it changed the world ? ...

so where does your own karma begin ..after all karma is about our next go on the wheel of life ..

whats important is you recognise what you did which was bad and ..dont replicate it again .therefore it was a lesson in life ..corrected .and moved on from ..simple .

on the other hand ..if it caused the loss of someones life is it bad ..what if that person went on to be the next budding mass murderer or you get my drift ?

i dont know why i answered to be honest ..i have no idea sorry ..lol .but disco biscuit .

the answer is disco biscuit .

• Like 7

I've been a complete cunt to certain people in the past.  Some deserved it and some didn't.  Sometimes it was intentional and sometimes is was either unintentional or just plain naivety.  My point is, nobody's perfect, are they?  Most people have hurt others in the course of their lives through ignorance or for some other random reasons; it's just who we are as human beings and we can't change our very nature.  Sure, it feels nice to have done a good deed but who cares what others think?  There isn't some magic point-scoring system in which we're judged based on statistics and the opinions of other people.  Carry on and do what makes you happy...:) 

• Like 1

If I did something bad then that's on me. But how bad is what I did ?

Did I mean to do that bad thing, or did I just do or say summat that had bad consequences ?

I don't know and it messes with my head :headpain:

I think I'm a nice person, but I'm sure at some point in the past I did something bad to someone, not intentionally, just cos of selfishness, cos I didn't realise that my actions were gonna be bad to them. And now I think of things in my past - people that bullied me when I was a kid and shit (I can't get over all that nonsense :doh: that's just my problem, and that's kinda what I mean - I probably bullied people when I was a kid and didn't realise it, and the people that bullied me are no more aware of doing it that I'm aware of the people that I may have been a part of bullying :doh: )

There's just some shit from childhood that sticks in my mind, but it's the bad shit that happened to me not the bad shit that I undoubtedly did to other people :doh: I was bullied, but I'm sure that I was a bully too, when people were victimising someone else and I could be a part of the group and not a victim of the group :doh: Selective memory, it was shit being bullied but I choose to forget when I was a part of the mob that was bullying someone else :doh:

Concepts of good and bad change all the time (thank you religion), and whats good for you, might not be for quite a few others, and vice versa. Many of the 'good' and 'bad' things I've done in my lifetime have been completely unintentional, and sometimes something which I've thought of as 'bad' has had a positive effect later on. Life is too complex to sort into simple black and white concepts imo.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

so if i punch boris johnson in the face tomorrow thats bad ?

ha ha yes you know it is

5 minutes ago, mudman123 said:

ha ha yes you know it is

see next reply

3 minutes ago, mudman123 said:

but what if you punched him a few years ago and it made him like he is?

then id be correcting what i did first time surely .either i punched him earlier because of something that required a punch which made his piss boil slowly over the years and take it out on us peasantsfor which he needed the correctional pugilistic sluge or i punched him because i thought he would become a big cunt ..either way ..it would be worth it .

• Like 1