Did the brits get Looney Tunes, Hanna Barbera, Warner Bros cartoons?

FigmentofFig

6 hours ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

Hell yes, loved them.

Foghorn Leghorn was a big fav of mine back in the day! And Road Runner.

Those are great ones. Beep beep!

• Like 2

Just to say the ones I mentioned aren't really like Warner Bros & Hanna-Barbera (and the Smallfilms ones were probably aimed at younger kids), but I've just remembered another British cartoon that maybe folks outside the UK didn't see that's more in the spirit of them (anarchic and funny) - Dangermouse :) That was probably not just my favourite cartoon as a kid, but my favourie thing on telly for a good while, I'd definitely recommend finding that if you never saw it.

"Crumbs, chief."

"Shush, Penfold."

:D

• Like 4

Guest Rex Mundi
1 hour ago, Boojum said:

Dangermouse :)

Now you hit the mark.... one or two were like acid trips lol 

For me, the pinnacle of animated cartoons :punk:

18 hours ago, Boojum said:

On a similar note did people outside the UK ever get British animations ? My favourites when I was a kid, alongside the Warner Bros shorts, were the Smallfilms animations (Oliver Postgate and Peter Firmin were proper heroes of mine :) I loved Oliver Postgate's narration :) ) - The Clangers, Ivor The Engine, Bagpuss, Pogle's Wood and my particular favourite The Saga of Noggin The Nog :) The animation wasn't great in comparison with Warner Bros, but the storytelling was second to none :) Some of my fondest childhood memories :)

E2A And again not great animation but another one I really loved was the wierd Polish 'fuzzy felt' style animation adaptation of Tove Jansson's The Moomins, narrated by Richard Murdoch, there was a real sinister edge to it that I loved :)

I just watched "the clangers". It was ok.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bartman said:

Ok not a cartoon but maybe worth a mention.

e2a 

Mr. Ben is barely animated, but its ok. The clangers is ok too. Stop motion.

Havnt watched the others.

11 hours ago, bartman said:

Ok not a cartoon but maybe worth a mention.

e2a 

Captain pugwash is better animated.  I'm noticing these are heavy on the story telling, but not so funny or action packed.

• Like 2

I'm watching dangermouse right now. I like it!

20 minutes ago, gm420 said:

Count duckula was good too, along with dangermouse :yep:

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Boojum said:

Just to say the ones I mentioned aren't really like Warner Bros & Hanna-Barbera (and the Smallfilms ones were probably aimed at younger kids), but I've just remembered another British cartoon that maybe folks outside the UK didn't see that's more in the spirit of them (anarchic and funny) - Dangermouse :) That was probably not just my favourite cartoon as a kid, but my favourie thing on telly for a good while, I'd definitely recommend finding that if you never saw it.

"Crumbs, chief."

"Shush, Penfold."

:D

Just saw an episode on YouTube.  it's good! It's got good animation,  humor,  silliness and action. It's creative too.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

I just watched "the clangers". It was ok.

Ok? just ok?

..how much acid haven't you done man? That's come down telly gold! :D

• Like 2

Foghorn Leghorn, Roadrunner and Tom and Jerry were my favourites growing up in Ireland; I suppose we got both the American and English cartoons

• Like 2