Easy to use Camera for macro shots

buddly

Minimum focusing distance is the key there.  Some will be 20cm some will be <10cm.  Lower the better.  Thats for a fixed lens/point and shoot scenario.

fujifilm f70 / f80 

cheap point and shoot but you get nice images and quality on the close ups 

check my diaries

Thanks Guys, really appreciate your input. 

Macro isn't vital for me as long as the close ups are clear.

Edited by buddly
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

i know this is really old but there are two tricks i use for my macro shots.  

1.  Lens Reversal on an SLR.  If you take any SLR (including D-SLR's) and simply reverse the lens it turns it into a macro lens.  They even sell reversal rings that screw into the filter thread of the lens and then has the correct fitting for the brand of camera.  I use this method when i want closer macro shots. oh also you need to put it on MF mode.

2.  I bought a set of three lenses that clip onto my phone, as mentioned earlier, from ebay.  I have so say they are actually REALLY good for £2.99 or however much they are.

In either case some tips is always turn your grow lights off and use a flash (not on macro shots just in general for these tips), try and shoot against a black or white background (i personally prefer black as thats the colour of my tents outsides and most of all have fun and get creative!

• Like 1

I used to have a pretty decent macro lens on my dslr, took some good shots. Then for close up stuff I tried a usb microscope. For very close up work it was far superior to the dslr with a macro lens and only cost about £14. It came with a stand that was pretty useless, so another £15 was spent. I took my trichome avatar picture with it.

yeah, funnily enough that's next on my shopping list....i wondered how good they were and i guess you answered my question!

• Like 1