Cannabinoid profile for oil in the treatment of Parkinson's Disease

Arnold Layne

I have recently been gifted a month's supply of a cannabis Oil to see how it impacts on my Parkinson's symptoms. The oil is unusual, not the FECO I normally get in if I need it. Usually my oil supply is made from Gorilla Glue and is high THC, low CBD. Great for chronic pain (I have spinal issues too, predating the PD) and also for treating the Parkinson's symptoms. This new oil, however, is low THC (0.116% THCV, 4.491% THC, 0.912% THC-A = total THC load of 5.292%) with high CBD, found as 17.588% CBD-A, 15.588% CBD totalling a CBD content of 31.017%. There are also levels of CBG-A (4.191%) CBG (0.881%), and CBC 1.037%. 

I have only had it two days, but already I suspect it might turn out to be more useful for me than the FECO. Interestingly, the new oil has a lovely mellow high, which I did not expect with such low THC figures. Like high THC oil, and also vaped/smoked weed it is very good at treating PD related brain fog, depression, demotivation and total energy loss. But it goes further and seems to tackle certain other symptoms that FECO didn't.

I will report back on this later, when I have been using it for a few weeks at least.

• Like 17

Hi Cambium, hope you're good? This oil came right out the blue and was a nice surprise as I have been struggling with Dystonia as well as other shit. But, I have a new source for green ~ coco grown with organic nutes, excellent genetics and a damned good price. Currently, vaping away on some Manchester cut "Dawg" and some really really nice Disco Biscuit. And some Gorilla Glue hash, and some Afghani import (very clean, very nice, VERY cheap).

But I'd rather be growing! Maybe one day I will start again. I live in hope....

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

I have recently been gifted a month's supply of a cannabis Oil to see how it impacts on my Parkinson's symptoms. The oil is unusual, not the FECO I normally get in if I need it. Usually my oil supply is made from Gorilla Glue and is high THC, low CBD. Great for chronic pain (I have spinal issues too, predating the PD) and also for treating the Parkinson's symptoms. This new oil, however, is low THC (0.116% THCV, 4.491% THC, 0.912% THC-A = total THC load of 5.292%) with high CBD, found as 17.588% CBD-A, 15.588% CBD totalling a CBD content of 31.017%. There are also levels of CBG-A (4.191%) CBG (0.881%), and CBC 1.037%. 

Hi Arnold,

I have recently made some oil from Dinafems CBD+ and it has very similar % as your oil

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, Arnold Layne said:

I have only had it two days, but already I suspect it might turn out to be more useful for me than the FECO. Interestingly, the new oil has a lovely mellow high, which I did not expect with such low THC figures. Like high THC oil, and also vaped/smoked weed it is very good at treating PD related brain fog, depression, demotivation and total energy loss. But it goes further and seems to tackle certain other symptoms that FECO didn't.

I will report back on this later, when I have been using it for a few weeks at least.

Im new here and trying to educate myself.   trying CDB bought online but pretty sure its garbage....  where could i source the new cannabis oil you refer to above?  got similar issues as you.

@Arnold Layne

visited Bedrocan webside this weekend and new research shows  CBD can have a strengthening effect on the THC level in the blood.

mixed THC/CBD cannabis chemovar, the blood levels of THC were about 50% higher than expected from the administered THC dose.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:27 AM, aceman said:

Im new here and trying to educate myself.   trying CDB bought online but pretty sure its garbage....  where could i source the new cannabis oil you refer to above?  got similar issues as you.

Hi aceman, I wish I could help but this was a one-off gift from a person who makes this oil for their own use. However, this is why I put up the cannabinoid profile. Either grow your own and make your own, or start trying to find someone willing to make such an oil for you. Such is the harsh realty of prohibition, I fear.

Perhaps the best place for you to start would be to find a nearby Cannabis Club, they seem to be popping up all over the place. Some of them do distribute to those with medical needs, but they vary from town to town. I hate to say this, but strangely enough Facebook is a place to start, or Instagram. That is how I had to start sourcing myself when I had to stop growing.

Sorry to hear you have similar issues. Parkinson's? In terms of smoking weed, I myself get great benefit from "Disco Biscuit" by "Underground Originals" (UGORG) for dealing with the symptoms of Parkinson's. Cracking variety, with a strong Sativa side that cuts through all the anxiety, brain fog, de-motivation, exhaustion and tremors. It also was very useful dealing with dystonia, which I have started to experience in a more aggressive manner of late.

Hope this is of some help to you chap. All the best!

• Like 3

On 11/11/2019 at 0:40 PM, joba said:

@Arnold Layne

visited Bedrocan webside this weekend and new research shows  CBD can have a strengthening effect on the THC level in the blood.

mixed THC/CBD cannabis chemovar, the blood levels of THC were about 50% higher than expected from the administered THC dose.

Yes, I've found this to be the case.

This new oil is rich in CBD, and its totally changing the impact of vaping Sativa strong strains like Disco Biscuit, Star Dawg, etc. Taking just a modest dose of the oil has led to a reduction in vaping requirements of up to 75%. In other words, the 25% vape load I'm on now, is getting me as high as a much larger dose, due to ingesting CBD (and in particular, CBD-A). So last week I was vaping around 1.4 grams per day; whereas, on the oil this week I am using 0.4 to 0.6, but getting higher!

• Like 1

Guest theokoles

Hi Arnold mate, been a while, hope you're OK apart from the obvious. I'm pleased to hear that oil is working for Dystonia, and PD. My GF has Dystonia and osteoarthritis and hoping to make oil next year, so interested to hear your reports on how effective it will be. I'm quite optimistic that the oil will help my GFs Dystonia, cannabis in general helps relax her. I recently made some topical ointment,  better than nothing for the time being, TBH though its actually helped both her neck and hips. Massaged in twice a day for the past month or so and she feels a bit of relief. I did put about 3-4 times the bud and trim in the mix though. Not the best treatment, but better than many..I'll happily give you a jar to try if you like, just drop me a PM.

Good luck @Arnold Layne , I hope you can keep getting the stuff that helps you :)

...I've got vague memories of MDMA having quite dramatic effects for the dystonia. Not suggesting you get loved up all the time, and my memories are vague to say the least. Does this ring any bells? I'm going back a bit, so it might have gone nowhere.

34 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

MDMA

Dosage will be very very important if this is true. MDMA causes dopamine release so will be compensating for the loss of dopeminergic neuronal activity  caused by Parkinson’s.

however it also causes changes to dopeminergic reuptake from the neuronal synapse, namely a transporter called DAT. More dopamine sloshing around will cause more damage to already lost and damaged neurons through oxidative stress. Basically taking amphetamine based chemicals is a bad idea, particularly if being treated with L-dopa.  Cannabinoids will mitigate this damage but not completely stop it. Cannabis also causes dopamine release but cannabinoids seem to counter balance any neuronal damage through various mechanisms but adding additional dopamine will tip the balance towards damage.

This is what my dissertation was on :yep:

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 4

Nice one for the clarification, @Cursed . Didn't mean to suggest a person should take it, I've just got half memories of it being talked about and wondered if anyone had more info on it... like you've done :)

Quick search on that damn you tube reveals a aussie news peice. It was around the same time I heard about it here.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

1 minute ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

Nice one for the clarification, @Cursed . Didn't mean to suggest a person should take it, I've just got half memories of it being talked about and wondered if anyone had more info on it... like you've done :)

Quick search on that damn you tube reveals a aussie news section. It was around the same time I heard about it here.

I may be totally wrong lol

but that’s what my research found. I am not a research scientist though, so they may have found something that isn’t in the literature yet. But there is a lot in the literature about mdma and meth being causative of Parkinson’s.

it’s fascinating stuff

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 1