Legally growing cannabis in uk?

Happyeccentric

I am sure this has maybe been answered elsewhere but I have read and researched alot and am more confused than when I started as a lot of the information seems conflicting.

I can see that it is possible on the gov dot uk website to apply for a licence to grow cannabis that has less than .2% thc.  It is expensive at over £500 but less expensive than a poca or solicitors fees if caught growing.

Does this mean if I were to only grow cbd strains for personal use and the use of my family i could apply for this licence and be doing it totally legally?  

In my research I think I read a story of someone having the licence and still getting another from the police but I cant find it now.  Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, Happyeccentric said:

Does this mean if I were to only grow cbd strains for personal use and the use of my family i could apply for this licence and be doing it totally legally?  

No. A hemp production licence only covers seeds and stalks. The harvesting of cannabis flowers is not permitted, irrespective of the chemical composition.

• Like 3

They wouldn’t grant you a licence anyway.  They’ve just took away a licence of a company in direct competition with the drugs ministers husband and Theresa Mays husbands company in Norfolk.  Dodgy cunts mate. Just crack on 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bother. Endless bureaucracy and ridiculous costs, all to be told "NO!" in the end. Just grow the damn stuff, keep yer mouth closed about it, hope for a revolution, and use every opportunity to remind the Brit Govt that they're absolutely fucking HATED for their attitude towards this beneficial herb. 

• 2 months later...

you would have to get a pharmaceutical license to grow, process and use flowers. you would need about 4 other licenses to go with it too i think..

the hemp licenses are for farms not personal you need certain amount of acres, no public view and all that..

you can get them, a friend of mine had one, used it and didn’t renew it for some reason or other.. 

• Like 2