x stream aero cloners- need a measurement

badbillybob

anyone out there got an x stream cloner?

if so could you please do me a favour?

I need the neasurement between the underside of the lid, to the sprayers, if possible.

I made my own up pipe and think its too long. chopped a bit off but still think its too long.....

any help appreciated

Hi mate I have the x stream 12 site but I've just upgraded to a 20 site, same size res and top e.t.c but had to change the spray head.

I'll measure for you tomorrow with both spray heads if you still need this. Do you mean from sprayhead to underside of corrugated tray?

• Like 1

Right mate, 

From the underside of tray to top of spray head is 45mm.

I measured the net pot also and from bottom of net pot to the underside of tray is 30mm.

Hope this helps any thing more you need me to measure just ask :yep:

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2019 at 6:20 PM, badbillybob said:

That's excellent mate, thank you so much. that explains why my cuts haven't taken. 

im on it.

How are you getting on with it? I have just finished making mine, it seems awfully close to the top lol it's running ok just wanted to see what yours is performing like?

mine is 50mm from pipe work to the lid, I can only just fit trimmed cages in there, is that ok, or shall I shorten the main upright?

large.sprayers.jpglarge_lid.jpg

• Like 10

your cloner looks well built.

I would probably take 20mm off it if its touching the bottom of the nets.

I suppose it depends how long the cuts are. mine usually dangle below the bottom of where the net pot base would be by about 20-40mm. I cut out the net pot bases. well to be honest I left mine at 60-70mm from the underside of the lid, and within a couple of days roots started appearing - they had been in there for about a week anyway with nothing showing. altho the stems were wet, it was probably just my impatience.

I don't suppose its all that crucial, im a bit ocd, hence the measurements etc. as long as the root stems are getting sprayed, even a mist, they will do the business. 

I would guess that about 30-40mm from the bottom of the cuts to the sprayers would be the sweet spot 

I got all mine rooted, bar a ak47 which wasn't getting wet, because I had cut a short stem on it. 

I curt the bottom of the little net pots out, just under the rim, where it sits on the lid. its so much easier than trying to untangle roots etc later. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

your cloner looks well built.

I would probably take 20mm off it if its touching the bottom of the nets.

I suppose it depends how long the cuts are. mine usually dangle below the bottom of where the net pot base would be by about 20-40mm. I cut out the net pot bases. well to be honest I left mine at 60-70mm from the underside of the lid, and within a couple of days roots started appearing - they had been in there for about a week anyway with nothing showing. altho the stems were wet, it was probably just my impatience.

I don't suppose its all that crucial, im a bit ocd, hence the measurements etc. as long as the root stems are getting sprayed, even a mist, they will do the business. 

I would guess that about 30-40mm from the bottom of the cuts to the sprayers would be the sweet spot 

I got all mine rooted, bar a ak47 which wasn't getting wet, because I had cut a short stem on it. 

I curt the bottom of the little net pots out, just under the rim, where it sits on the lid. its so much easier than trying to untangle roots etc later. 

Nice one mate, I wish I had made it a bit shorter, 45mm would have been useless, not sure how the x-cloner works so well that high. Anyway its all glued up now so will have to get a joiner and chop some out. It's been fun to make but until I see roots...

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, ratdog said:

How are you getting on with it? I have just finished making mine, it seems awfully close to the top lol it's running ok just wanted to see what yours is performing like?

mine is 50mm from pipe work to the lid, I can only just fit trimmed cages in there, is that ok, or shall I shorten the main upright?

large.sprayers.jpglarge_lid.jpg

Very nice looking bit of DIY mate. 

Are you planning to paint or cover it black or is it light proof as it is?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Rick Grimes said:

Very nice looking bit of DIY mate. 

Are you planning to paint or cover it black or is it light proof as it is?

Thanks mate

I'll paint it, or cover somehow, you wouldn't believe the trouble I had trying to get a black container today locally.

• Like 1

yeah man, id try it as it is, it will most likely be fine.

im just a bit ocd, as long as the roots are getting misted or splashed with water/nutrient they will be fine.

I use a small dose of formulex in mine, seems to help, but ive cloned with just plain un-phd tap water before  results are the same,  - healthy roots. I do mostly ph it tho,  I also very lightly scrape the bottom inch of root too, with a razorblade on its side, the roots come pouring out of these stem wounds, but go really lightly, its just a scrape lightly.

Good luck with them, let us know how you get on

• Like 2
17 hours ago, badbillybob said:

Good luck with them, let us know how you get on

Thanks mate, I think I have got the right height now, I chopped 30mm off the upright and this is how the system looks with the top off, I'm glad I did it outside as it would have emptied 2 litres onto my floor in the time it took to take a few pics lol

large.5d91e5f73e834_sprayersinaction.jpglarge.5d91e6123ec1b_sprayersinaction2.jpg

need to set up an old cupboard to house and sound proof as best I can and see what happens, what temps do you aim for mate?

To anyone else thinking of making one it was very easy, I found finding the bits the hardest part. Took me about two hours.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 5

looks like you've got enough sprayers lol. 

as for temps, I kinda aim for anything around 16-20 degrees to be honest.

I don't have any thermometers in it, I just stick it in a cupboard in the house. the house is normally about 17-20 degrees and it seems to work fine at that. I don't use any heaters or any of that stuff.

4 hours ago, badbillybob said:

looks like you've got enough sprayers lol. 

as for temps, I kinda aim for anything around 16-20 degrees to be honest.

I don't have any thermometers in it, I just stick it in a cupboard in the house. the house is normally about 17-20 degrees and it seems to work fine at that. I don't use any heaters or any of that stuff.

Nice one mate, that sounds perfect for my gaff, cheers.

• Like 1