Using CBD Oil For Anxiety?

Tom Sharp

Has anyone got any experience using CBD oil to help with anxiety? I've not used CBD before but I saw on an infographic that it can be used to help anxiety with little or no side effects. 

Edited by Tom Sharp
Typo

I ran out of ganj and bought some CBD oil to see me through. Shit didn't touch the sides. Caused me more anxiety over how much I'd wasted on the stuff.

• Like 8

There's a lot of hype over CBD oil but I have found that whole plant/full spectrum cannabis products always work better than just a 1 isolated cannabinoid. However there is no harm in buying a bottle so see if it works for you. Make sure you buy from a reputable source (like CBD Brothers, Synergy Extracts) as there is a lot of fake oil in circulation. 

I recommend 1:1 cannabis strains such as CBD Critical Mass as an alternative to the oil. 

I hope you find something that works for you.

• Like 4

Personally, I found cbd rich strains did fuck all for my anxiety either. 

Quite contrarily, the cbd rich strain hightened my anxiety to some extent, whereas the high thc strains didn't.

But.......that could well be all in my head, much like my anxiety.

If you wanna beat your anxiety, work on your thought patterns and modify them is my advice. 

Every time you feel anxiety, take some deep breaths and count to ten or do something to momentarily distract your thoughts from the anxiety. 

If I feel a panik attack coming on, count to ten and move. If I'm in a chair, stand up. 

The second your mind has wandered you realise, "hang on a minute, when I'm not thinking about the symptoms the symptoms disappear.

Remember, it's all in your head and it can't hurt you 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 13

I cant help saying and doing inappropriate shit is where most of my anxiety comes from, it has to be thc and stoned totally into my mind keeps my sanity more in tune, if I could just keep away from people I would be fine

• Like 3

Talking lowers my anxiety.

Find a friend, talk lots, get stuff off your chest, be happier.

Smoking weed multiplies the problem, THC, CBD, makes no difference.

It's good to talk! ;)

• Like 4

Inappropriate behaviour and saying things you'd rather not have said can be a symptom of PTSD which itself is a form of anxiety. Then you get anxious about what you've done or said so the anxiety increases. Welcome to my world.

Perhaps you could explore the idea that you may have PTSD. Knowledge of your true condition is the start point of dealing with it.

I wish you well.

• Like 3

I have found that haze strains help my condition and keep me very relaxed. AMG was one that I recently found very helpful.

• Like 1

A good topic. I think CBD can bring about anxiety. I looked at the price and felt anxiety for anyone who is looking for relief.

On a serious note, having grown Critical Mass CBD/THC, I felt a noticeable difference. I'm not sure of the ratio with my Barneys Farm Critical Mass. I used for pain relief but noticed that consuming a high THC along with the CBD had a calming effect.

Anxiety or stress is a natural thing and a hang over from the days we had danger all around. Everyone has it to some extent and its important to remember everyone has it and to do things which help you relax.

Sometimes I walk. I guess the light levels play a part also. Try to get daylight if not sun.

Not grown a Haze for a while, as I recall it was always more of a uplifting high unless you do too much :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 3:01 PM, Bayleaf said:

I have found that haze strains help my condition and keep me very relaxed. AMG was one that I recently found very helpful.

Good for you. I have tried AMG but I didn't feel it helped at all. Seems like effect varies per person, eh? Been reading up on this and got some info from this source about sativa strains working more to uplift mood/spirit?  I just need something to work for me when the anxiety gets too overwhelming.

• 1 year later...

For generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) says that CBD has been shown to reduce stress in animals such as rats. Study subjects were observed as having lower behavioral signs of anxiety. Their physiological symptoms of anxiety, such as increased heart rate, also improved.

• Like 1

Works wonders for me. It can take some people a few days/weeks for their endocannabinoid system to adjust to CBD. But i use flower, hash, live rosin, crumble, shatter and reputable CBD oils.

I like to mix cbd flower i get online with high THC strains when i ain't got any of my own 1:1 grows ready:yep:

e2s, I also found if i over do it with the THC(Being THC sensitive) using a bit of CBD isolate under the tongue helped snap me out of it within mins instead of a hour long anxiety panic attack.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

my attention deficit is real heavy i have very limited concentration, i have to feel a feeling is no way i can remember a feeling so all cannabis is the same it all gets me stoned real good i cant really tell one strain from another and its not a bad thing, i'm still very hyper which i now feel is a blessing or a gift from the gods

hey brother, i'm with you right now, it's a bitch, aint it, try some meditation, yoga, sunlight, just get outside, feel the cold, will remind you you're still alive, and fighting....cold shower-you can do this my friend, hot bath...

Eat something- mainly meat, try stay away from sugar-will just make you crash

good luck buddy

peace

• Like 1

Absolutely works for anxiety! I’m on meds from project twenty21 and the strongest broad spectrum CBD  they have is like a very mild sedative. anxiety for me feels like my brain is ticking over on high revs and if left can go ape shit into panic mode.  But now 5min after the CBD the foot is of the gas and the wondering mind is subdued. Can actually feel calmness wash over like a blanket 

• Like 1