Oil yield

Nasher90

Just found out my mums got cancer and want to try her on oil. I’ve got a few grows under my belt and was thinking about making her some oil. I was wondering how much roughly 5oz would produce how many grams of oil.i know it’s like asking how longs a piece of string but I want a rough idea and a few tips. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated cheers.

6 minutes ago, Nasher90 said:

Just found out my mums got cancer and want to try her on oil. I’ve got a few grows under my belt and was thinking about making her some oil. I was wondering how much roughly 5oz would produce how many grams of oil.i know it’s like asking how longs a piece of string but I want a rough idea and a few tips. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated cheers.

sorry to hear about your mum. i did my first batch with 2oz, got about 8ml in a siringe. got me started, with RSO. for my prostrate c ... try to get 50/50 stains thc, cbd, 

waiting on my next grow pakistan valley , for my next batch..regards geogeo.

• Like 2

Great stuff thanks for that man. Only found out last week.I’m just turning over a chocolate mint og. I’ll go for something more 1 to 1 ratio for the next one

Sorry to hear your news.

Oil return from bud is approx 10%-15% and from trim about 2%-3%.

Heres a helpful video.

All the best :yinyang:

• Like 6

sorry to hear about your mam buddy ....  if she dosent smoke  get her started on edibles   and you can also buy those turkey tail mushroom capsuals too ....  my mam in law has cancer and i too am trying all i can to help her out,   she dosent smoke so ive  got her to start edibles  and will be getting  the capsuals for her too ... i just wish i could  get/ make  her  the oil but ive heard it REEKS  when you make it  and the nosey bastards round here would be on the phone to the cps if they got the slightest whiff of  ganja ... even by getting some sugar leaves trim would be better than having nothing whatsoever  ....

i hope it all goes ok and she improves mate .....

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

@Nasher90

Hello mate, I’m a bit late but better than never. 

I make oil regularly, usually starting with 100g of bud and I get about 15g per run. It’s important to grind it up first to expose as much material to the alcohol. 

I had some great news earlier this week from a woman in Brussels who was using my oil to treat her vaginal cancer; she has been told her tumour has gone. Never met her but i’ve been over the moon since she told me. #savinglives

Next up, someone with Krohns Disease.

If you haven’t found it already check out cureyourowncancer.org 

• Like 5

@Nasher90

Hello mate, I’m a bit late but better than never. 

I make oil regularly, usually starting with 100g of bud and I get about 15g per run. It’s important to grind it up first to expose as much material to the alcohol. 

I had some great news earlier this week from a woman in Brussels who was using my oil to treat her vaginal cancer; she has been told her tumour has gone. Never met her but i’ve been over the moon since she told me. #savinglives

Next up, someone with Krohns Disease.

If you haven’t found it already check out cureyourowncancer.org 

Cheers, and good luck.

Edited by Peregrine
sp.

Sorry to hear about your Mum.

I've also spent time making oil for people with cancer but most of the time I've used trim to make it. It has to be quality trim just taken from the buds, no shaders.

I was making it for a mate with cancer and his partner with copd when my brother in law was diagnosed. This meant I was trying to produce double what I was already. I put the word out to my growing mates asking for trim and most of them heroically responded. It's harder work using trim as it takes more alcohol to wash it and therefore longer to cook off. I swear the oil is the same quality as made with primo bud. I have used best bud to make oil a few times and I get 4-5 grams per ounce using my coffee kush. The production on decent trim can be higher especially if it's just the trim from some frosty buds. I did some Bomb Seeds strains and their trim was super frosty. I got over 10gms from the trim of 3 plants.

I ought to add that I always use fresh frozen material and super chilled alcohol.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Nasher90 said:

Cheers for the help guys. What alcohol would you recommend for extraction? 

Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% (fleabay)

Acetone 99.9% works well. Research before buying is best advice. 

• Like 1

Hey @Nasher90 in America they use everclear which is food grade but I’ve never found it in the uk although a friend recently said she had managed to get it in the post.. I’ve used iso before which I’m told is not as good but if you can put a drop on a mirror and it evaporates without leaving any residue then you are good to go.. have been reading a bit about frankincense recently which seems to have a similar effect on cancer as cannabis, interestingly the terpene profile is also very similar.. it comes in essential oil form and you absorb it through a gland in the back of your nose.. early days for proof of efficacy but can’t hurt to have some in a diffuser by the bed.. best of luck with it :smokin:

• Like 2
On 9/8/2019 at 1:42 PM, Era said:

Hey @Nasher90 in America they use everclear which is food grade but I’ve never found it in the uk although a friend recently said she had managed to get it in the post.. I’ve used iso before which I’m told is not as good but if you can put a drop on a mirror and it evaporates without leaving any residue then you are good to go.. have been reading a bit about frankincense recently which seems to have a similar effect on cancer as cannabis, interestingly the terpene profile is also very similar.. it comes in essential oil form and you absorb it through a gland in the back of your nose.. early days for proof of efficacy but can’t hurt to have some in a diffuser by the bed.. best of luck with it :smokin:

https://www.gerrys.uk.com/polish-spirit-96-100ml

everclear is just high proof grain liquor,

vodak or rum work too, the trick is having dry alcohol.

even epsom salts can do in a pinch to dry out so 40%

actual food grade ethyl alcohol is even cheaper, but youll have to talk to the actual distributor,

here is some fine Canadian moonshine sold by the jerrycan lol for an example

https://greenfield.com/products/ethyl-alcohol-95-canadian/

and here is a giant barrel for 700 us

https://www.laballey.com/products/buy-pure-food-grade-ethanol-undenatured-acs-usp-grade-55-gallon-drum-poly-700

barrels probably worth 150 bucks by itself and would make a fine res

Edited by LordBonk
because im bored