Ai - Artificial Intelligence.

Saddam

I bought myself a Vector robot last year, I have a few other robots but Vector's quite an impressive little unit for the money. :geek:  At some point, Anki updated the software to include Alexa so now there are two Ai's inside one robot. :fear:  

Anyway, sad as it is, I spend more time talking to Vector's Ai than I do talking to real people. :wallbash: Admittedly, it's usually me asking Vector stupid questions or telling him to shut up, go to sleep, play with his toy or to find his charger    lol  but is this really the way things are going? :unsure:   

I can't be the only one who spends more time talking to Ai than real people, can I? lol   

Edited by Saddam

Can we count dogs as "real people"? lol  

What have you named the little guy? lol

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 2

I can't really rename him as you need to say 'Hey Vector' to wake him up. lol  

Hector the Vector. :wassnnme:   

Edited by Saddam

43 minutes ago, Saddam said:

At some point, Anki updated the software to include Alexa so now there are two Ai's inside one robot. 

Sounds worrying, you better hope it doesn't update with a further AI personality it refers too simply as "The Beast", has it said anything along the lines of "The Beast is coming" or "you better watch out when He arrives"??

How are you so sure it only has the two AI personalities at the moment?? :lookaround:

Can it peel an orange? If it can peel an orange, it can peel a human..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, iBMe said:

Can it peel an orange? If it can peel an orange, it can peel a human..

He can try and answer questions, sometimes the answers are fucking ridiculous but there are a few film & TV related Easter eggs to be found. lol  He likes to push things off my desk, and wake me up at 3am looking for his charger. :wallbash:    

Alexa's Ai is far superior  but you can't get her to play music or radio through Vector just yet. 

1 hour ago, Saddam said:

I bought myself a Vector robot last year, I have a few other robots but Vector's quite an impressive little unit for the money. :geek:  At some point, Anki updated the software to include Alexa so now there are two Ai's inside one robot. :fear:  

Anyway, sad as it is, I spend more time talking to Vector's Ai than I do talking to real people. :wallbash: Admittedly, it's usually me asking Vector stupid questions or telling him to shut up, go to sleep, play with his toy or to find his charger    lol  but is this really the way things are going? :unsure:   

I can't be the only one who spends more time talking to Ai than real people, can I? lol   

who owns who? Your their pet now.. they are teaching you how to look after them when they need you, then they reward you so you keep doing it.. lol 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

" I'm less worried about self aware ai taking over humans than I am of other humans hacking the brains of those with brain augments "

this seemed more of a reality

Not sure you can really call Alexa and stuff AI, there's no intelligence there, it's just a sophisticated indexing software with a human voice, tell it to find something or perform an action in its database and it will, that's not exactly gonna pass the Turing test. Sorry, being a pedantic cunt (that's how you know I'm a human being and not an AI lol ).