Weed hangovers

WestCoastSox

30 minutes ago, WestCoastSox said:

I've started looking into your second point.  I'd never considered it as an option until recently :)

I have had a lot of trouble with anxiety in the past so fully embrace the chilled/fuzzy feelings these days, and I look at it as total value for my horticultural efforts, every cloud and all that :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, catfish said:

i normally get  a weedover after a new strain thats good .

That's interesting.  Do you stop getting it from that strain eventually?

• Like 1

I enjoy my stone overs....id take a stone,over against a hangover any day.lol

Im suffering a rave over ...:Droast dinner on the go go so im still smiling.

Im disappointed if I'm not smashed when I wake up.lol...usually through hay fever,none the less I need to sleep at least I don't suffer then.:skin_up:Anyone else been put on  they're arse with the pollen this year....Hopefully not many.

23 hours ago, icki said:

Anyone else been put on  they're arse with the pollen this year....Hopefully not many.

Strangely enough, a couple of nights ago I started sneezing like a maniac, but I'm ok now, must be a very specific tree/grass that sets me off now, I'll take that over what I was like as a child and up to about ten years ago though.

I have a fairly low tolerance since I gave up smoking and started vaping. I've had a weedover every single day since I started on this latest crop :smokin:(it's been a while!)

It's about tolerance vs dose I think. Plus it's easy to over-do it if you're hanging out with buddies, trying a new strain or staying up late binging a TV series etc... Then you always have that last one in bed... and if you then don't get a proper decent night of kip, it's always going to be a struggle getting up, never mind thinking straight. I have real trouble opening my eyes when I wake up at the moment!

• Like 1

On 08/07/2019 at 5:50 PM, ratdog said:

Strangely enough, a couple of nights ago I started sneezing like a maniac, but I'm ok now, must be a very specific tree/grass that sets me off now, I'll take that over what I was like as a child and up to about ten years ago though.

There’s a specific type of pollen that gets me aswel, I never been able to work out what but luckily I only come across it every few years. 

I had a bad hangover from eating a load of rosin a few months ago, gave me terrible back ache (kidneys), I always thought cannabis didn’t harm kidneys/liver ect with it being non-poisonous, it obviously does at high doses.

1 hour ago, nl5 said:

There’s a specific type of pollen that gets me aswel, I never been able to work out what but luckily I only come across it every few years. 

I had a bad hangover from eating a load of rosin a few months ago, gave me terrible back ache (kidneys), I always thought cannabis didn’t harm kidneys/liver ect with it being non-poisonous, it obviously does at high doses.

i used to treat my back ache with RSO or buble hash in jogurt ,got me super high each time to the point I was shaking-could controll it if I was concentrating enough,

year later they discovered kidney cancer-size of table tennis ball...

don't get those shakes anymore now,had an operation to remove it,stage 1 grade2

to add

used to get so high i used to tell myself,once I get out of this I will have maybe puff here and there but never touch hash or oil or edibles.even my blood pressure went up to 180/100 and heart rate 110 so it wasn't just in my head,but the next day i did the same and again in circles.I was putting this to anxiety as had personal shit to deal with .Now I am wondering if my brain was scared but body was asking for more.Oncologist reckons I had this for 5 years and it hasn't spread thankfully anywhere apart from the tumour itself.

so don't know what to think.Now I started CBD strains and make oil from them and feel fantastic no more -shit my world is falling apart and panic attacks

Edited by joba
more info
  • Like 1

@nl5

i done a lot of research into this over past few months and what seems to be harming kidneys is the smoke.We have receptors I think CB2 more than CB1s in kidneys too(hope that's what it is called -stoned now)

so I switched to oil and bought volcano classic -vape seems to be very similar in components to oil)

so as most cannabis users smoke it seems it isn't the best for your kidneys-any smoke no good for you

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, joba said:

i used to treat my back ache with RSO or buble hash in jogurt ,got me super high each time to the point I was shaking-could controll it if I was concentrating enough,

year later they discovered kidney cancer-size of table tennis ball...

don't get those shakes anymore now,had an operation to remove it,stage 1 grade2

to add

used to get so high i used to tell myself,once I get out of this I will have maybe puff here and there but never touch hash or oil or edibles.even my blood pressure went up to 180/100 and heart rate 110 so it wasn't just in my head,but the next day i did the same and again in circles.I was putting this to anxiety as had personal shit to deal with .Now I am wondering if my brain was scared but body was asking for more.Oncologist reckons I had this for 5 years and it hasn't spread thankfully anywhere apart from the tumour itself.

so don't know what to think.Now I started CBD strains and make oil from them and feel fantastic no more -shit my world is falling apart and panic attacks

You were lucky to catch it, thing with tumours when they get to that size they start causing problems to other organs/nerves/ect just by being in that spot and growing, my kidneys are defiantly damaged from a heavy drinking and drug use when I was younger, they hurt the next morning after a sesh and gradually get better, done me a favour really as I live a much healthier life and save the money I’d of thrown away on getting fucked up. Glad you found a good balance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nl5 said:

You were lucky to catch it, thing with tumours when they get to that size they start causing problems to other organs/nerves/ect just by being in that spot and growing,

the scary thing is on kidneys you have no organs around and can go unnoticed until you start pissing blood than its usually quite late

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joba said:

the scary thing is on kidneys you have no organs around and can go unnoticed until you start pissing blood than its usually quite late

I think I’ll get the doctor to have a look at mine now you brought it up, I mentioned it before he was a bit dismissive tbh, better to be safe than sorry thanks for the push. Surely you noticed a mass that size? The shaking was a nerve being pinched by it? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nl5 said:

I think I’ll get the doctor to have a look at mine now you brought it up, I mentioned it before he was a bit dismissive tbh, better to be safe than sorry thanks for the push. Surely you noticed a mass that size? The shaking was a nerve being pinched by it? 

i was going to pain clinic to manage my back problems they thought it was hernia on my disc due to wear and tear,blood pressure they thought when i mentioned i am going gym 5x a week that i am on roids...which wasn't the case.My diet and everything was pretty good -yes I did drink quite a lot of whiskey which aparently spirits are breaking down a bit different comapre to beer or wine.Also there are studies cannabis will protect your liver in heavy drinkers as its antiflamatory.

Good luck with the doctors,I was going there every 3-4 months for 5 years and only found it on my request,it was a young lady doctor just finished Uni so she was taking me seriously I guess seing my history in the clinic

++ i am going to be closely monitored for next 2 years and I was discharged from pain clinic last week as my back is ok now and my blood pressure seems to be good.

when you go doctors ask for blood test and check the kidney and liver functions.ask for numbers as mine was before the surgery 59 and it was'within limits' now after surgery i also lost 30% of my kidney my last function was 89...

Edited by joba
more thoughts

i dont know if i get them or not, i only smoke a lot of cannabis recreationally at the weekend (during the week i just use it medicinally) and at weekend im normally getting rat arsed too