New Volcano Hybrid

B0bbyBuds

Just seen an email for the new S&B Volcano hybrid. It seems like it’s a digital hybrid but now with a new adapter for a whip I think they’re called. Kind of a hybrid between a volcano and a plenty. Although the plenty still seems more portable. 

What ou guys think? Especially peeps who already have a volcano / Plenty. I’m thinking of a volcano/plenty towards the end of the year. 

I've had both a Digital Volcano and a 2-3 Plenty over years and I think it would be a good device, a whip for flavour vs stale as bags combined with the reliability would be sweet. 

Seems pricey and a bit behind nowadays ...even though it's brand new though.

• Like 1

I've got a Volcano Digi but never use it now I have the Vapexhale

are S+B offering an upgrade kit for existing models ?

• Like 1

Just now, Joolz said:

are S+B offering an upgrade kit for existing models ?

This is the question we needs to know :)

I'd be all over it if they did, prob just end up buying a vapexhale if they don't.

Just now, unity said:

This is the question we needs to know :)

I'd be all over it if they did, prob just end up buying a vapexhale if they don't.

if there isn't an upgrade kit for existing models then that's a massive piss take from S&B given the amount of people who have wanted a whip kit since Volcanos release two decades ago

• Like 5

indeed mate, I've thought for years it'd be great to get a whip attached to the volcano. looking at photo's of the hybrid tho the whip screws in place using what looks like the same type of attach as used by the plenty, so it's not going to be a converter, just a new purchase.  For $600.

Yeah...right...

can only hope there will be an aftermarket / third party converter

Just now, unity said:

just a new purchase.  For $600.

Yeah...right...

can't see many forking out £540 for 20 year old technology, now with added gimmicky app and bit of plastic tube

I'll carry on with my Vapexhale, it's far superior to the volcano in every way lol

• Like 2

Haven't storz and bickel been bought by an American firm? 

The great thing about the original volcano was it was built so well with German engineering, I wonder if that will be the case now with this new model?

I've fallen back in love with my old log vape (e-nano). Always worth a shout if you're considering a new toy, fair bit cheaper than the Plenty too.

• Like 2

Just now, OLaC said:

The great thing about the original volcano was it was built so well with German engineering

I find the units are great and very well made, the accessories like plastic bowls etc, are designed to fail.  I got sick of spending money on all the crap to go with it, so flogged 'em. 

Same as dabbing, too much cleaning, waiting and generally faffing about involved for my liking.

• Like 5

have use a volcano for 2 years now and I still love it, only use it for dry herb, taste don't matter nowadays 

Wow it didn’t show the price :eek:  think I’d be willing to spend 300 at the time I’ll be getting one. 

The vapexhale looks good. Like the manoeuvrability. The bong attachments look wicked. What do you use?

@B0bbyBuds That hydratube or whatever it's called is an absolute sod to clean. I preferred it with the standard mouthpiece, flavour was too muted with the water.

1 hour ago, northern_soul said:

@B0bbyBuds That hydratube or whatever it's called is an absolute sod to clean. I preferred it with the standard mouthpiece, flavour was too muted with the water.

I've got a precision hydrobomb and the swiss tree, I find both are easy to clean, I either use plain old  ISO or DC Glass clear, both get them sparkling

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Joolz said:

I've got a precision hydrobomb and the swiss tree

what's the difference in them, how noticeable is it in the hit?