cannabis and Apoptosis

Bustin Jieber

i believe that chemo just kills the cells doe to the radiation  where as cannabis causes apopsis which is like  suffocating the cell till it dies without harming normal, healthy cells ...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Breezus said:

Apoptosis :yep:

cheers, im forgetting loads of things like spelling.

its cannabinoids (many things that binds CB1 and CB2 really, its about cellular pathways and what triggers them) that have a role in regulating apoptosis, not the plant per se, and its more thc as far as i'm aware, than CBD. But your endocannabionods (AEA) (2-AG) play an even bigger role iirc

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Cursed said:

its cannabinoids (many things that binds CB1 and CB2 really, its about cellular pathways and what triggers them) that have a role in regulating apoptosis, not the plant per se, and its more thc as far as i'm aware, than CBD. But your endocannabionods (AEA) (2-AG) play an even bigger role iirc

oh right so is it actually binding to receptor sites on the tumor?

14 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Have a look at this, it’s long and complicated in bits but will probably explain things far better than I can :yep:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3366283/

ok thats nuts, inflammatory tissues contain cannabinoid receptor, so like inflammatiory tissues have a wee off switch,thats pretty cool, i have a pass for biology 20 years ago, article is mostly over my head. but thanks though, if i could understand all that i think id be on good money.

• Like 1

@bazil brush

im busy right now but I’ll go through and pull out the interesting and useful bits that answer your question when I get a chance  :yep:

Edited by Cursed
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Cursed said:

@bazil brush

im busy right now but I’ll go through and pull out the interesting and useful bits that answer your question when I get a chance  :yep:

love u man!

• Like 2

The chap at 3;30 mins in dr Guzman...i think that`s the fella Jeff worked pretty closely with in Spain.

Farmer G 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, FARMER G said:

The chap at 3;30 mins in dr Guzman...i think that`s the fella Jeff worked pretty closely with in Spain.

Farmer G 

Yes it is.

Prof Manuel Guzmán. Jeff also worked with Manuel’s close associate Dr. Cristina Sánchez and lead researcher Prof Guillermo Velasco too at the same time.

E2A

Here’s a pic of Jeff handing over crowd fund donation to the fantastic team at Complutense University of Madrid.

large.282C627C-99DC-4E7A-9C18-9EC4E313D8A4.jpeg

Edited by bartman
  • Like 3