Firefox users..

iBMe

Anyone else finding it a boat load of arsegravey at the moment?

I have used it for years, but since they broke add-ons a couple of months ago, which they acknowledged and fixed a short while after, things haven't been good, YouTube tabs seems to crash a lot and have strange rendering problems (artifacts etc) when playing windowed, and just a lot of full blown crashes where the send a report to Mozilla box comes up. 

Disabled addons and deleted temp files etc doesn't seem to have helped.

• Like 3

Not having any crash problems here, but that thing with the certs not long ago fucking up my lovely containers really pissed me off.

Still, what's the options *shrug*.  Best of a bad bunch still.

ETA

Link for those who haven't heard of containers. They're worth learning about.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/

Random vid I've only skipped through -

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

The only problem I've had with Firefox is when they fucked up the add-ons a few monthe ago like you said. Since then it's running as good as ever, and I often have 20+ tabs open. Clear all your cookines and shit, reinstall Firefox, and run Malwarebytes while your at it.

On 31/05/2019 at 3:40 PM, iBMe said:

Anyone else finding it a boat load of arsegravey at the moment

Had loads of bother with Firefox lately so I swapped to Slimjet. It's based around Google Chrome and so far runs a lot faster. This is on a Windows 7 laptop.

:smoke: 

For the artifacts and crashing try flipping the hardware acceleration switch in browser settings - Unless your computer is ancient or you play 3d games in browser(maybe) you shouldn't notice much of a performance hit.

Some gpus can't change gear fast enough, some don't atall, (and that's just different drivers on my card!) there are probably other bugs too, but i need to stop thinking computers.