Moving crop

mystic_roots

I wasn’t quite sure where to put this thread, but I’m looking for some advice. 

My crop is currently growing in the shed with an extractor fan, LED grow light, heater and humidifier. The issue I’m facing is that my parents are having an electrician round on Monday to replace the fuse board and do some additional wiring, so there’s potential for the electricity to be out for hours. 

Im worried being in the tent with no fan will cook them and I have thought about moving them inside on of the bedrooms upstairs but it may not be the right humidity, temperature or get the 18 hours of light they’re on so I don’t want them to start flowering. 

Any suggestions on whats best??

Just turn everything off until the power comes back, I assume it's only for one day and they aren't going into the shed?

They won't suffer or flower in that time, also with them being in veg, smell shouldn't be a problem.

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

I've had the electric turned off for the afternoon during late flowering.  It got seriously humid in there and I was was desperate for the engineer to finish and fuck off so I could get everything running again, but the plants were fine.  And as you're in veg, humidity won't be an issue.

Any interruption in the light period won't affect things - so long as you don't put them in a dark room for 12 hours.  It's the dark period being interrupted you'd need to be concerned about but that isn't going to be an issue.

Good luck :yep:

Remember to reset your timer afterwards.

Edited by JJJ
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies

It may be a few days he’s here, I don’t know how long it’ll take him but I can turn everything off during the day, with the tent open to stop it getting too humid. Hopefully when he leaves the house we’ll have power overnight which is when I run the light etc so can at least try to maintain the 18 hours of light it’s getting. :hippy:

• Like 3

Remember though if he's replacing the fuse board he may ask to check every room where there is an electric supply, including the shed. Although he may not ask about the shed.

I think he has to do that for safety purposes.

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Larry Badgeley said:

Remember though if he's replacing the fuse board he may ask to check every room where there is an electric supply, including the shed. Although he may not ask about the shed.

I think he has to do that for safety purposes.

Yes that was my belief and being in the house it would be a lot easier for him to 'stumble' across them. I think keeping them in the shed is perhaps the best idea. If it gets too hot i'll just open the tent up as there are small windows to get some fresh air in. If he asks about the shed I'll just have to say its just a light bulb, which in fairness isn't a lie because there is one in it, he just can't look at it lol