Plan-A, IH-driven DiY ideas for DynaVap VapCap enthousiasts.

Egzoset

• 4 weeks later...

So, after contemplating the 3-Phase (9-Poles stepper layout) then the customized 2-Phase (Cardan-topology) scenarios maybe it's about time i revisit slotted toroïds again, with a twist:

large.5f91f02016d67_Egzosets1-Phase2-PolesHybrid-TorodDuplexIHDriverwithRFChoking(2020-Oct-21)500x640.PNG

This is actually a pair of slotted toroïds sharing their common open side, forming a larger toroïd which seems suitable for some split "RF Choking" application, possibly bifilar i might add.

The purpose of RF Choking is to pass D.C. and block A.C., in that particular case i think going bifilar might also happen to address a simple question:

large.5f9ad5a84c552_EgzosetsTwinE-coreAir-Gap1-Phase2-PolesFerriteLayout-BifilarRFChoking(2020-Oct-22)800x400.PNG

E.G. about which poles go where...  Hence a split series-connected pair of bifilar RF Chockes should evacuate the polarities question i think, while it would potentially cut the number of PCBoard connectors by half:  just 2 will do!

Leaving the matter of fitting 2 IH WorCoils each on 1 of the central arms, or more exactly:

large.5f91f09f76c90_EgzosetsTwin-E-coreAir-Gap1-Phase2-PolesFerriteLayout(2020-Oct-22)250x230.PNG

Magnetic fields in the outer toroïd will simply cancel for the most part, though i'm not sure if this can seriously affect the inner "magnetic circuit";  i'm sort of wondering about some eventual D.C. magnetic bias and its possible effect on inductance, consequently resonance frequency, not to mention that's basically an electronic pendulum constantly swapping energy between a capacitor's electric fields and its associated "tank" inductive magnetic poles (so, where does the energy go if inductance is reduced or removed?)...  Yet IMO it sticks much better to the original "Flyback Transformer" for Tesla Coils as once used in Mazzilli's experiments, because at least there's a flux-concentrating core in the workload, additionally/conveniently allowing the magnetic fields to get shaped in such way as to clearly invite thickness chalenges in the 12 ~ 15 mm range i'd say, hopefully even compatible with a cigarette pack format (the slim 2-layers one i mean)...

In any case searching for power chips i found it's no big deal, while i feel confident time works for us, m'well...  It's already been done before, just not yet!  :magic:

Good day, have fun!!  :sorry:

Edited by Egzoset
Read-proofing.