Leaves from trimming....any good for oil?

Jammo85

Just now, Jammo85 said:

You do This for pain relief mate? 

If so do you find it helps? 

So I can use all of the plant not just the buds? Just the rest of the plant contains a lot less is it mate? 

Apologies, I was just talking about using pot (and as much of the plant as can be useful) in general terms. I don't use it for pain relief, but I do kinda use it medically-ish (I'm bipolar - manic depression, and herb helps my head, especially more chilled out, stoned not high kinda thing, but I think that's the kinda thing that's better for pain relief). But the whole plant has all the chemicals in - the THC, CBD, terpenes etc, it's just that the buds are best cos they have the most. But even the fan leaves have a little bit, that can be extracted, by making cannabutter, or oil, or just decarbing and adding to food :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boojum said:

Apologies, I was just talking about using pot (and as much of the plant as can be useful) in general terms. I don't use it for pain relief, but I do kinda use it medically-ish (I'm bipolar - manic depression, and herb helps my head, especially more chilled out, stoned not high kinda thing, but I think that's the kinda thing that's better for pain relief). But the whole plant has all the chemicals in - the THC, CBD, terpenes etc, it's just that the buds are best cos they have the most. But even the fan leaves have a little bit, that can be extracted, by making cannabutter, or oil, or just decarbing and adding to food :)

You find weed helps you manage your illnesses? That’s cool as!! Cannabis is just got this bad stigma around it here in the UK and your lead to believe it’s no good for anything. 

Its bad, it’s evil, yet the more Real people I speak to on here I find it’s an amazing plant with so many amazing benefits!! 

I’m literally praying it’s as good as people say so I can manage my pain better and get off morphine. 

I’ll use every part of the plant then when trying to make oil, thanks for the info there mate. 

Whats decarbing then? I don’t know what that is or why you’d do it? If you don’t mind me asking

Just now, Jammo85 said:

You find weed helps you manage your illnesses? That’s cool as!! Cannabis is just got this bad stigma around it here in the UK and your lead to believe it’s no good for anything. 

Its bad, it’s evil, yet the more Real people I speak to on here I find it’s an amazing plant with so many amazing benefits!! 

I’m literally praying it’s as good as people say so I can manage my pain better and get off morphine. 

I’ll use every part of the plant then when trying to make oil, thanks for the info there mate. 

Whats decarbing then? I don’t know what that is or why you’d do it? If you don’t mind me asking

Basically, without getting into THCa & THC and all that (cos I'm a wee bit drunk lol ) if you eat raw cannabis you don't get some of the active chemicals, because they're not in a form that you can digest, decarbing turns them into a form that becomes active when you eat it. It's more complicated than that, but basically heating at 100-120C for a couple of hours and then adding it to food or cooking in butter (emulsifying it with fat) makes it orally active, so you can eat it instead of smoking it.

Guest Thor420
On 19/03/2019 at 9:03 AM, Jammo85 said:

I’ve just started my training of my plants and I see people cut the bottom 1/3 of the plant away as light doesn’t get there. 

Im not at that stage yet 

but was wondering when I was would it be worth trying to get the cbd out of those leaves? 

The plants are now 5 weeks old 

i use morphine daily to get to work for back issues and I’m sick of using it. 

I’m 33, and the last 13 years have been lost to opiates

I don’t smoke at all so the plants are for oil only not to smoke. 

Was wondering would I be able to get some oil a bit earlier from the cuttings rather than waiting till the plants are fully done?? 

Takes some character to get off those! Congratulations my friend. As for eating the plant, I don't think eating it does anything unless you cook it unfortunately. If you are just after CBD oil, isn't that legal where you are?

11 minutes ago, Thor420 said:

I don't think eating it does anything unless you cook it unfortunately.

type that into youtube :stoned: 

theirs been a 'raw' thing going on for quite a few years now..

:yinyang:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thor420 said:

Takes some character to get off those! Congratulations my friend. As for eating the plant, I don't think eating it does anything unless you cook it unfortunately. If you are just after CBD oil, isn't that legal where you are?

I’m not quite there yet mate, I’ve reduced morphine usage around 60% last 2 years. Hoping this is the year it’s goodbye to it all. 

Yeah you can buy cbd oil in shops but its shite, tried that and it did nothing for pain, heard the levels are too low? 

Also the thc isn’t in the oil and that’s also supposed to help the pain?

correct me if I’m wrong mate I genuinely know nothing about this plant 

4 hours ago, twigs said:

type that into youtube :stoned: 

theirs been a 'raw' thing going on for quite a few years now..

:yinyang:

Thanks for the tip twig, I’ll put that into YouTube after work and see if I can find more info out. 

Thanks again 

Guest Thor420
Just now, Jammo85 said:

I’m not quite there yet mate, I’ve reduced morphine usage around 60% last 2 years. Hoping this is the year it’s goodbye to it all. 

Yeah you can buy cbd oil in shops but its shite, tried that and it did nothing for pain, heard the levels are too low? 

Also the thc isn’t in the oil and that’s also supposed to help the pain?

correct me if I’m wrong mate I genuinely know nothing about this plant 

If you could go through the pain and suffering of being a Liverpool fan for 33 years I don't doubt you will kick it. After that anything is doable! If you are prone to addiction and already have trouble with opiates I wouldn't reccomend Cannabis at all to be honest. If you are deadset on using it medicinally for pain I would reccomend going for a heavy indica strain of cannabis. But the problem is I have heard from other former opiate users that drinking or smoking weed can set off addiction triggers.

Please don't take anyones medical advice on here (especially mine!) and talk to your doctor or addiction therapist if you have one, before taking up any other drug use, either recreational or medicinal. If you do decide to use cannabis I hope it helps you Jammo!

13 hours ago, Jammo85 said:

my friend also tells me vaping it is the way for me, I’m still worried it will effect my lungs during cycling I know what he said about the fastest man on earth but I struggle on the hills as it is

imho you just don’t get over the hill (stoned) when vaping, i’ve tried a few but i don’t get it, for me nothing beats a blunt..

and the health thing is a old story.. 

read the Tashkin report their are no  problems smoking grass, it opens airways and protects you from daily pollutants..

usain bolt smokes it (he used it for training but had to apologise lol after saying it live on tv i think)

then the fish phelps..

smoking pure is fine..

now vaping is coming into question, as in what does all that liquid do to yours lungs? nobody knows but it’s touted as the healthy option lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thor420 said:

If you could go through the pain and suffering of being a Liverpool fan for 33 years I don't doubt you will kick it. After that anything is doable! If you are prone to addiction and already have trouble with opiates I wouldn't reccomend Cannabis at all to be honest. If you are deadset on using it medicinally for pain I would reccomend going for a heavy indica strain of cannabis. But the problem is I have heard from other former opiate users that drinking or smoking weed can set off addiction triggers.

Please don't take anyones medical advice on here (especially mine!) and talk to your doctor or addiction therapist if you have one, before taking up any other drug use, either recreational or medicinal. If you do decide to use cannabis I hope it helps you Jammo!

PMSL, your right there mate, 33 and I’ve still not seen them win the bastard league lol. 

Heres the ones I’m growing, 

https://www.barneysfarm.com/cbd-blue-shark-11

I picked it for it’s being high in cbd and 1-1 cbd to thc 

what you think mate. 

Yes my doctor knows everything, always tell him the lot he even knows I use other people’s pain killers to top up my morphine when pains bad, he’s been great and with me since my head went and couldn’t see a point in it all anymore. Last 2/3 years he’s helped me reduce this shit. 

I hear you mate about the addiction side of things, I’m just desperate to get off morphine it’s disgusting to be constantly confused and feels like my heads jammed in a vice every day, compressed. 

But then I need it for the pain, it’s swings and roundabouts. 

Hoping this stuff will help with pain but I don’t want to be stoned or anything like that, I understand that’s what the thc will do but il give up the morphine head for a little high I’m hoping anyway. 

Thank you for your reply mate, really appreciate the time you’ve taken to anwser and give advice. 

7 minutes ago, twigs said:

imho you just don’t get over the hill (stoned) when vaping, i’ve tried a few but i don’t get it, for me nothing beats a blunt..

and the health thing is a old story.. 

read the Tashkin report their are no  problems smoking grass, it opens airways and protects you from daily pollutants..

usain bolt smokes it (he used it for training but had to apologise lol after saying it live on tv i think)

then the fish phelps..

smoking pure is fine..

now vaping is coming into question, as in what does all that liquid do to yours lungs? nobody knows but it’s touted as the healthy option lol 

I don’t actually want a stoned feeling, so vaping is the best way for me to try? 

Also if you smoke just pure weed it’s ok for thelungs? It’s the Tabacco that’s the shit is it mate? 

Ive seen a few long distance runnings saying they used it before if I remember correctly. 

When I say I don’t want to fk my lungs up I’m going on smoke from when I used to smoke. I’ve never smoked weed pure so ain’t got a clue what that be like. 

Guest Thor420
Just now, Jammo85 said:

PMSL, your right there mate, 33 and I’ve still not seen them win the bastard league lol. 

Heres the ones I’m growing, 

https://www.barneysfarm.com/cbd-blue-shark-11

I picked it for it’s being high in cbd and 1-1 cbd to thc 

what you think mate. 

Yes my doctor knows everything, always tell him the lot he even knows I use other people’s pain killers to top up my morphine when pains bad, he’s been great and with me since my head went and couldn’t see a point in it all anymore. Last 2/3 years he’s helped me reduce this shit. 

I hear you mate about the addiction side of things, I’m just desperate to get off morphine it’s disgusting to be constantly confused and feels like my heads jammed in a vice every day, compressed. 

But then I need it for the pain, it’s swings and roundabouts. 

Hoping this stuff will help with pain but I don’t want to be stoned or anything like that, I understand that’s what the thc will do but il give up the morphine head for a little high I’m hoping anyway. 

Thank you for your reply mate, really appreciate the time you’ve taken to anwser and give advice. 

No worries! Honestly you sound like you have got your head screwed on and have talked it through with the appropriate people so as far as I can tell go for whatever makes you happy and you think you will enjoy the most. RoyalQueenSeeds do some high CBD strains which still have around 8-12% THC to get you as high as you will ever need to. If you don't want any THC I think they also do 100% CBD oils and sprays. Good luck and looking forward to your grow journal.

Just now, Jammo85 said:

Also if you smoke just pure weed it’s ok for thelungs? It’s the Tabacco that’s the shit is it mate? 

historically nothing has ever shown up..

if it did have the propaganda brigade twats would have been waving dead bodies under everyones noses with glee..

but no, turns out its good for you lol 

• Like 1

Just now, twigs said:

historically nothing has ever shown up..

if it did have the propaganda brigade twats would have been waving dead bodies under everyones noses with glee..

but no, turns out its good for you lol 

I don’t think going off 1 blokes research is anything like proof lol your burning something and inhaling the smoke it’s definatly bad for you imo, tar and other dangerous chemicals are produced from the burning process.

• Like 2

Just now, nl5 said:

I don’t think going off 1 blokes research is anything like proof lol your burning something and inhaling the smoke it’s definatly bad for you imo, tar and other dangerous chemicals are produced from the burning process.

i know but wheres the bodies

grass produces more tar than tabbacco too lol

read the research Donald was the top top man employed to show how bad weed is.. lol

but he proved otherwise.. 

• Like 1